Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#947254  by Jeff Smith

Didn't see anything recent on Merritt 7 that was on-topic.

http://blog.tstc.org/2011/06/27/apparen ... ood-thing/
According to the Stamford Advocate, as a result of these budget actions the state will be able to now bond for design work on the Merritt 7 Metro-North Station in Norwalk, and the hope is that these actions will also allow the state to upgrade the state’s other existing road, bridge and transit infrastructure into a state of good repair.
Amshack's are better than that!
 #947272  by DutchRailnut

Currently Merrit 7 is a private station owned by Merrit 7 office park.
it is a good station but it needs more parking and a PA system, currently waiting passengers are in dark when it comes to train delays.
Merrit 7 is one busiest stations on my morning train.
 #947640  by DutchRailnut

in morning 1819 mainly picks up, 1833 drops and picks up, 1937 could not tell you but 1941 has about 40 people getting off and 20 getting on
in evening its mainly people from mainline going home but 1844- 1848 and sometimes 1960 have a bunch for danbury.
 #947706  by DutchRailnut

nope two minutes max.
and no on only low level station, you forgot: Beacon falls, Seymore , Naugatuck, Derby , Appelachian trail , Manitou , Breakneck ridge.
 #947803  by theozno

Steamboat Willie wrote:Let me be the second one to confirm strong ridership from Merrit 7. 1874, 1868, 1819... those trains had quite a few people coming or going to Merrit 7.
I sometimes cut off the train at Merrit 7 to get to Danbury. I would hate to have to pay to park there. I have seen a few extra sports available at rush hour still.
 #947875  by Clean Cab

Like many other CDOT projects, a lot of talk, very little $$$. Merritt 7 is a very busy station despite it's appearance and it certainly can use an upgrade.
 #1618734  by Jeff Smith

Nope: https://www.nhregister.com/news/article ... 846140.php
Opening of new train station at Norwalk's Merritt 7 stop delayed until summer, CTDOT says

NORWALK — Due to construction delays, commuters won't be able to enjoy the benefits of the new Merritt 7 train station until this summer, according to the Connecticut Department of Transportation.
Merritt 7 is a stop on the Danbury branch of Metro-North Railroad, the last one before the branch line merges onto the New Haven Line near the South Norwalk train station.

"The completion of the Merritt 7 station project was delayed due to supply chain and resource issues over the last few years," Rouse said. "There were also some unexpected conflicts with underground utilities and drainage systems, which meant continued coordination with utility companies and redesigning parts of the project. We anticipate opening the new station and boarding platform this summer."