Railroad Forums 

• Pan Am Southern / Patriot Corridor Discussion

• Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,
Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,

Moderator: MEC407

#1618434  by F74265A

Train60 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:29 pm Sounds interesting. Would be great to see a picture or two of the location where the work is taking place.
Watch the video posted today on YouTube by birch hill Subaru guy of B741 ethanol train passing VO. At the beginning you can see the cleared out Albany main and where the connection track goes. It is snow covered but all brush is gone
 #1618457  by Train60

F74265A wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:41 pm Watch the video posted today on YouTube by birch hill Subaru guy of B741 ethanol train passing VO. At the beginning you can see the cleared out Albany main and where the connection track goes. It is snow covered but all brush is gone
Thanks.

Here's a screenshot from the video (https://youtu.be/foUhew6-gcU) at 00:32

Looks like they're just waiting for the ground the thaw.
Last edited by Train60 on Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #1618486  by newpylong

BandA wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:12 pm Would NS proactively informally survey their employees & ask them if they want to run to Ayer? Would that be considered a good job?
You put it up for bid and see how many bites there are and then cancel/abolish the job if it's not ready to go.
 #1618551  by BandA

It's not ethical to advertise a job knowing that the job will almost certainly be relocated. I applied for a job once and the interviewer told me that they were planning to move to another location. I appreciated being told and didn't mind (much).
 #1618778  by BandA

This WHDH report looks better than the WCVB report. But on the WCVB report the guy said the track was leaning. I assume the ground is just thawed, and fully saturated. Also possible that the uphill side is still partially frozen while the downhill side is fully thawed mud. One report says NS and another report on the same radio station says CSX, lol. And ST. I thought double-stack couldn't go through the Hoosac tunnel.
 #1618802  by newpylong

BandA wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:22 pm This WHDH report looks better than the WCVB report. But on the WCVB report the guy said the track was leaning. I assume the ground is just thawed, and fully saturated. Also possible that the uphill side is still partially frozen while the downhill side is fully thawed mud. One report says NS and another report on the same radio station says CSX, lol. And ST. I thought double-stack couldn't go through the Hoosac tunnel.
We'll know soon enough.

The tunnel has been cleared for 25 years to 19'6". They can run any combo but double domestic stacked.