Railroad Forums 

• Plymouth & Lincoln Railroad (HOBO, Winnipesaukee Scenic)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1608788  by budd6209

I do not think the alco's are going any where. The 1186 (ex b&M) was owned by Ben Clarks father eddie Clark and the 958 ex maine central was owned by his grand father Edward Clark ,that ran on the north stratford rr. in New Hampsire. If they do get rid of they the should go to a museum.
 #1614230  by Who

With Conway's successful ski trains, and now the marketing trend towards a winter train ride, rather than a shuttle train and the Cog Railway's successful winter operations halfway up the mountain, is now the time for the Hobo Railroad to get on board for winter operations? We all know the slopes are king in the winter, but for those who want a variety of things to do, the new trend is proving quite successful, I think the Hobo would do well.
 #1614242  by NHV 669

What, exactly would they bring people to see? How exactly, would they market such a ride? Theyre not even close to Loon Mtn. or parking, but they're already on the business end of town to begin with.
 #1614259  by NHV 669

And was gone before the the existence of Loon Resort anyway.... I can't see the usefulness of them operating there if it did still exist. Still faster to do the entire thing by car, when it's such a small area.