Railroad Forums 

• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1612476  by Bracdude181

CharlieL wrote:I suspect they worked something out with Lakewood about Friday runs. They're much more sensitive and amenable to local opinion than Conrail, so as long as it's OK with the customer - -
Maybe. Unless this is a one time thing cause of Christmas.
 #1612493  by R&DB

Bracdude181 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:02 pm
CharlieL wrote:I suspect they worked something out with Lakewood about Friday runs. They're much more sensitive and amenable to local opinion than Conrail, so as long as it's OK with the customer - -
Maybe. Unless this is a one time thing cause of Christmas.
Lakeood doesn't care about Christnas! Learn more about Judiasm.
Last edited by R&DB on Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #1612502  by Tanker1497

Saturday is far worse that Friday. Friday snarls traffic but Saturday the rail trail from Farmingdale Howell is packed with
families walking the rails. They won't move and its hundreds at times. Remembering no driving after sundown Friday.
 #1612513  by Bracdude181

Tanker1497 wrote:Saturday is far worse that Friday. Friday snarls traffic but Saturday the rail trail from Farmingdale Howell is packed with
families walking the rails. They won't move and its hundreds at times. Remembering no driving after sundown Friday.
I mean, doesn’t that happen on Friday as well?
 #1612514  by Bracdude181

R&DB wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:34 am Lakeood soesn't care about Christnas! Learn more about Judiasm.
I know. I mainly said that because, being very close to Christmas, I’m wondering about crew availability. What if they only had one available crew and said crew had to bring DDRR RP-1 to Phillipsburg or something?
 #1612520  by Tanker1497

Bracdude181 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:12 am
Tanker1497 wrote:Saturday is far worse that Friday. Friday snarls traffic but Saturday the rail trail from Farmingdale Howell is packed with
I mean, doesn’t that happen on Friday as well?
No it doesn't Saturdays NO driving Its looks like flight 232 where the passengers came out of the corn field after the plane crashed!