Railroad Forums 

• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1611649  by Bracdude181

JohnFromJersey wrote:It is also winter time, not the best time to be doing construction.
Yeah, but in Lakewood they build year round.

Also noticed that they have an enormous amount of materials stockpiled in Woodhaven. The stacks of sheet rock are almost as high as the adjacent building!
 #1611798  by AWSmith

Bracdude181 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:50 pm C&D 2005 went to Jamesburg on SA31 today…
Are 1888 and the caboose still in Freehold? I haven't seen them up here in Jamesburg last three times i've driven by the wye. There were empties parked Monday. Was down in Farmingdale wednesday to pick up a cpap, Scoped out the missing two mile link. And Nothing. Guess we won't see any restoration until next year if at all. Also where is Allen Pole in freehold? They used to have a giant yard off the end of the browns yard. Then it and the website disappeared. https://web.archive.org/web/20130823084 ... m/Map.html
 #1611811  by Bracdude181

AWSmith wrote:[quote=Bracdude181 post_id=<a href="tel:1611797" data-original-title="" title="">1611797</a> time=<a href="tel:1670626207" data-original-title="" title="">1670626207</a> user_id=291129]
C&D 2005 went to Jamesburg on SA31 today…
Are 1888 and the caboose still in Freehold? I haven't seen them up here in Jamesburg last three times i've driven by the wye. There were empties parked Monday. Was down in Farmingdale wednesday to pick up a cpap, Scoped out the missing two mile link. And Nothing. Guess we won't see any restoration until next year if at all. Also where is Allen Pole in freehold? They used to have a giant yard off the end of the browns yard. Then it and the website disappeared. https://web.archive.org/web/20130823084 ... m/Map.html[/quote]

1888 and the caboose are parked on the siding in Freehold Yard. All trains now originate and terminate from there. They run Saturday’s but not sure what exactly they do that day.

Allen Pole is still in Sayerville. They just pick the poles up in Freehold because Conrail wasn’t willing to deliver them to Allen directly.
 #1611814  by JohnFromJersey

Does DRRR only run on the FIT on Saturdays now??

Also, maybe they are gonna switch out 2005 for 1888? There seems to be less freight/traffic on the FIT than the Southern, so it would be wise to put 1888 on the Southern. If 2005 is having issues, a lighter load would probably be less problematic for it.

Also, where is Freehold yard????
 #1611816  by Bracdude181

JohnFromJersey wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:39 pm Does DRRR only run on the FIT on Saturdays now??

Also, maybe they are gonna switch out 2005 for 1888? There seems to be less freight/traffic on the FIT than the Southern, so it would be wise to put 1888 on the Southern. If 2005 is having issues, a lighter load would probably be less problematic for it.

Also, where is Freehold yard????
To my knowledge they are also running Monday and Thursday. It seems the Saturday run exists because of the fact trains now run out of Freehold and not Jamesburg.

Would love to see 1888 on the Southern, but I’m not sure if it’s being swapped. I was told 2005 needs a traction motor replacement so it’s possible that it’s going there so a contractor crew can come out and do the work.

Freehold Yard is right next to Builders General in Freehold. The Team Track is also there.
 #1611818  by Bracdude181

JohnFromJersey wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:45 pm Why are they bringing it to Freehold/FIT for it to be fixed? Could they just not do that in Red Bank? 752 got fixed there not too long ago
Whatever was wrong with 752 did not require a crane for the work. When an engine gets a traction motor replaced, the engine needs to be lifted up with a crane so the trucks can be slid out from underneath. No surprise NJT told them they can’t do it in Red Bank.

I heard that as a result of this, 2005 would go either to Altoona or Ringoes for repairs, but that didn’t happen…