Railroad Forums 

• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1611465  by Bracdude181

steve coraggio wrote:Last Saturday November Nov. 26,2022 took a ride through Farmingdale , NJ and saw new ties and pieces of rail next to the existing track and sign on crossbuck for this railraod.
No information as to when any work will be started or completed.
Those have been there for a couple weeks. I was told they’d be used to repair the tracks through town, but they could be for Lakewood as some of the track over there is being marked.

Can’t say I know when they plan to work on the Southern again either. I was hearing rumors that C&D will start working on Farmingdale to Freehold this winter, but so far nothing has been done there…
 #1611594  by Bracdude181

Northbound at DCS ROOSEVELT 12:21 PM

C&D is finally repairing the crossings between Farmingdale and Lakewood. Squankum and Miller Rd are working as of today.

Some crackhead was telling traffic in Lakewood to run in front of the train at Route 88. Typical day in Lakewood.
 #1611596  by Bracdude181

Northbound at DCS PAT 12:49 PM

It also seems C&D has hired an Israeli security firm in Lakewood to keep people off the train and the tracks. Security vehicles and what looks like Lakewood Civilian Police have been following the train through town lately…
 #1611616  by Bracdude181

I am currently unable to post pictures and videos due to issues with Google Photos. Any photos from the last few weeks aren’t mine. Your welcome for the updates.

They run early in the morning Tuesday and Friday. Try for Tuesday if you wanna see them in Lakewood. Trust me, you do NOT want to be in town on Fridays!!!