Railroad Forums 

• Lowell Line - Winchester, Woburn, Wilmington Spottings

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1609481  by l008com

Funny you should say that because I left my appointment in Westwood and drove to North Billerica thinking I'll catch SOMETHING there.

I get off 495 and theres a freight train going under the bridge. I beat it to North Billerica and there was a commuter rail train pulling in as I pulled up. So I missed filming that but I immediately caught the freight! 17 cars too, bigger than anything that passes through woburn these days. I guess I was just lucky. I wish I were a minute or two earlier so I could have filmed them both. This station is very well lit, great for after sunset filming!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur-Xzg3pbWE
 #1609496  by newpylong

F74265A wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:54 pm I think the answer is that there is relatively little rail activity at iron horse park. Check google maps. Most of the real estate is not rail oriented anymore
There is more activity there now then there has been since the shops were fully open. Quite a few customers in there.
 #1609497  by l008com

Do you know how many trains are going in and out per day? Did I just get lucky with the one I caught, or are they streaming in and out all the time? I'm definitely going to try to hit this spot again next time I'm in the area. I should stop at the chicken shack while I'm there :D
 #1609822  by l008com

Welp the Lowell Line was cut off at anderson today. They are doing track work related to rebuilding the New Boston Rd bridge. But what is the work exactly? It looks like they replaced track panels on both sides of the track, but I'm not sure why, or what that has to do with bridge building? I took a few pics but the forum is acting up :/