Railroad Forums 

• Conway Scenic Railroad (CSRX) discussion thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1606600  by MEC407

Moderator Note:

Please continue the discussion of the Flying Yankee in the official Flying Yankee topic, which can be found here:

https://www.railroad.net/the-flying-yankee-t5799.html
 #1607472  by CSRR573

They dont swap out the motors and wheels as a combo unit? Thats how we do the P42's, can swap out both combo units in a truck in about 2 hours, and thats using jacks.
 #1608011  by p42thedowneaster

I think it's even more focused than just EMD only....I think it's gone specifically "2nd Gen EMD" and with low range dynamics.

Based on the last couple seasons I could see 1751 and the Budd car hit the trail to make way for another former Mec GP38. 573 would stay on the roster, but only as a last resort back up...or just for fun on specials.

And even though they seem to prefer 2nd gen EMD, I would say if the 470 club acquired an ALCo or GE they would happily run it for specials as they do with the F7s and freight cars.
 #1609420  by Who

There was a private charter this past weekend, for the family of the late Rudy Hood. They boarded Millie with the 4266 and 4268 on each end, for a ride to and from Crawford's(?). On the return trip they met the regular scheduled Mountaineer at Sawyers River and the Valley train in Bartlett.