Railroad Forums 

• Historic map of Rochester's railroads, including spurs and sidings

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1607063  by BR&P

If this has been posted before, forgive me - altho if it has, probably time for a reminder. Here's a nice resource for seeing where Rochester's railroads used to go and what customers they served. Go to https://maps.cityofrochester.gov/historic/ and select the year you want, I skipped 1910 and went right to 1935. It shows the branches, the sidings and names the customers. I checked a few places I am quite familiar with, and I am impressed with its accuracy. For example, at Charlotte Docks, the Dock Yard correctly shows 6 tracks plus the main. Some things around Goodman Street conform to what I understand used to be in given spots. Not perfect but very good.

WARNING - I suggest you plan on doing this when you have some free time, it WILL seduce you into looking at one more thing, then another one more thing, then.... :-D Also, it will make you sick to see what is no longer there.

And I have not even looked at the 1910 yet..... :-)
 #1607690  by Matt Langworthy

Those maps are like crack. as BR&P said, i got addicted ot looking at them. the former Erie RR ROW is of particular interest to me since I enjoy dining at TOn Ds and Mythology/Kaino's on occasion. Both restaurants sit where the Erie?EL used to be.