Railroad Forums 

• Uniq. Eqpmt Sightings: Private Varnish (PV's), Charters, etc

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1607580  by Railjunkie

JimBoylan wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:02 pm Look like cars that are added at Rensselaer, New York are coupled next to the locomotives and not added to the end of the train.
I tacked those eight cars on the rear of 48 after I tuned them on the wye. Not a fun experience going around a very tight curve with long heavy six axle cars.
 #1607594  by Railjunkie

The two GN domes, NYC round end obs and UP Pullman are owned by J. Webb(WEBX). One of the better private car owners I have met. Father owns a completely restored Greyhound Vista Cruiser but I digress. NYC3 was a Presidents car new owner currently. C&O Chapel Hill was at one time owned by E.F. Hutton (we talk people listen) another Presidents car. Current owner has always been pretty good with the yard crews offered extra pizza last night while we made up the AAPRCO special. All cars are stored in Albany owners can be contacted through the AAPRCO web site.
 #1610507  by Train2009

Train2009 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:57 am Caritas, Fox River Valley and Blue Ridge Club Private cars arrived into NYP last night on Amtrak Lake Shore Limited Train 48 which it left Sunday night out of Chicago, IL.
Those cars are currently right now on Train 42 from Philly to NYP then tomorrow afternoon it will be on a special train from NYP to Boston, MA for this:

https://www.rollhomeinstyle.com/
 #1610531  by Jeff Smith

It should be noted that the 20th Century Limited and NYC Tavern Lounge 43 are spending the holiday season on the Naugatuck on the Santa Express, the Northern Lights Limited, and other trains. There are limited tickets still available: https://rmne.org/20th-century-limited/

I have written a few articles on the Naugy: https://rmne.org/20th-century-limited/
 #1611376  by jhdeasy

DOVER HARBOR will spend the winter at the M&E Railway in NJ, rather than at the chapter’s “Dover Park” facility in suburban Maryland.

Dominion Rail Voyages has donated the use of their MOUNT VERNON to Operation Toy Train special trains on the Dover & Rockaway River Railway (December 3rd) and the Dover and Delaware River Railway (December 4th) in northwest NJ. The special trains will collect toys for the USMC Toys for Tots program.
 #1612738  by Gilbert B Norman

The Ed Ellis former C&O, former B&O, 5BR-flat end Obs in IC livery was on end of #4(26).

When Ellis's gang realized they were never going to have the PRJ business to support a full Diner, they built a Kitchen into likely two of the Bedrooms with the remaining being crew accommodation.

However, the car, or at least its livery, looked in good shape.
 #1612761  by Jeff Smith

I'll be riding the NYC Tavern Lounge 43 tomorrow night at the Railroad Museum of New England. The excursion train "North by Northwest" will run from Thomaston to Torrington at 1800 and return at 2230. Also in the consist are the famous Hickory Creek of N by NW fame, one other recently rehabbed first class lounge car, and RMNE's regular coach roster of former CN (CP?) equipment. There's a nice layover in Torrington for a meal, and a screening of the original North by Northwest movie.