• 10-year-old praises Amtrak personnel?

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Literalman

I sent a comment via the Amtrak website: "When I sign in on the Amtrak website, my birth year shows up as 2011. It's actually 1953. I don't see how to fix this in my profile."

I got four identical replies: "Dear Customer,

"Thank you for telling us about your positive experience with our employees.…"

I turn 69 tomorrow. Or maybe I turn 11.
  by STrRedWolf

Literalman wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:25 pm I sent a comment via the Amtrak website: "When I sign in on the Amtrak website, my birth year shows up as 2011. It's actually 1953. I don't see how to fix this in my profile."

I got four identical replies: "Dear Customer,

"Thank you for telling us about your positive experience with our employees.…"

I turn 69 tomorrow. Or maybe I turn 11.
Repeat after me with a high-pitched kid voice: "I'm only twree and a haff yearz old." :grin:
  by NaugyRR

I don't work for Amtrak, but I threw this together quick to hopefully help

Step 1: Log in to Amtrak and click your name in the top right corner of the screen so that the drop down box appears. Click Account Overview

Step 2: Scroll down to More About Me, click the Edit link towards the top right of the box

Step 3: Highlight your date of birth and type in the new date. Click update to submit the information.

As an added precaution, if you haven't done so already, you may want to change your password and use two-factor authentication just in case your account was compromised.

Hope this helps!
Jesse
  by Literalman

Thanks, Jesse. The next time I logged in I figured it out on my own. I think it was a different method: when I changed my birth date in the ticket purchase menu, there was an option to update my profile with the information.