• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

I stand corrected. The inbounds are at Red Bank but they were left near the switch at the south end. 2005 and 752 will bring the loads down nose to nose it looks like…
  by Bracdude181

Southbound at DCS PAT 1:36 PM

DCS PAT, for those who don’t know, is Patterson Ave in Red Bank.

2005 leading with 752 trailing. Car count to follow.
  by Bracdude181

They moved the cars around at Brick Recycling. Presumably so they could keep the gate at BR closed?

Should be continuing south in a bit.
  by Bracdude181

Will be in Farmingdale in about 5-10 minutes.

To me it seems like 752 couldn’t pull the 12 cars so they flew down to Lakewood to fly the 2005 back up. I don’t see why they took 752 off at Red Bank though. Maybe it’s broken?
  by Bracdude181

I do not know if they’ll go back from Lakewood again today. they’ll probably park 2005 in Woodhaven after they drop the loads off.
  by ppbhist

I was on Cedar Bridge Avenue in Lakewood this morning around 10:45 in my mail truck when I spotted RB-1 heading northbound with a string of empties. I thought it was kind of early for the return trip. Fast forward to this afternoon at 4:30.....as I was heading west on Cedar Bridge Avenue the crossing flashers came on and I grabbed my phone. Boy was I surprised to see 2005 leading a load of lumber to Woodhaven at this late hour!
Posted the video here -

https://youtu.be/U7wxE8Zz2RM
  by JohnFromJersey

There's some serious traffic going through Lakewood at that hour, as seen in your video @ppbhist

In addition, we have our answer as to why DRRR leaves an engine in Woodhaven - makes last-minute return runs much easier, and you don't have to switch out cars.