Railroad Forums 

• CNJ Rail Corporation

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1604818  by Bracdude181

This thread is for discussion relating to the entity currently using the old PolyOne (formerly Ted Ruth’s Plastics) plant for the restoration of old railroad equipment. It appears the name of this outfit is CNJ Rail Corporation. This outfit, along with any potential affiliates appear to currently have Trenton Transit Company car #288 sitting on the property. At least going off this Facebook page:

https://m.facebook.com/TrentonTrolley/

Facebook for CNJ Rail Corp:

https://m.facebook.com/CNJRail/

I have heard this organization plans to have rail equipment shipped here for restoration, which may involve a switch being reinstalled for the PolyOne siding.

Will be interesting to see what they get up to.
 #1604906  by Bracdude181

Was in the area and could see the trolley sitting inside PolyOne as well as what looked like trucks for a six axle heavyweight coach…
 #1604959  by Blackseal Jim

Thank you everyone for the interest in our project of restoring the #288 . While we share the same location as CNJ Rail Corporation , we are two separate organizations and the #288 is not owned by CNJ Rail Corporation. Also , we ask that you view the restoration work from social media and not visit the site . The site is private property owned by Merola Tile , has a locked gate and multiple security cameras. Merola Tile has been very generous to us and we can't take the chance of uninvited people ruining our opportunity to restore this historic piece of NJ transportation history. Thank you for your understanding in this .
Jim Hurley
 #1604961  by Bracdude181

Jim. If I may ask, who is the second organization? Is it the Liberty Rail Historical Society? In addition, what is the plan for #288 when work is completed? And will we see additional equipment stored on site?
 #1604965  by Blackseal Jim

Yes , it's Liberty Historic Railway. Plans are to restore it and hopefully run it somewhere on a insular line . The #288 / LHry organization won't be bringing in anymore equipment. Im not sure what CNJ Rail Corporation plans are for bringing in equipment.
Jim Hurley
 #1605057  by JohnFromJersey

A bit off-topic question but it relates to the ex-PolyOne property as a whole.

Does Merola Tile intend to get any cars from DRRR?? Or, since there are two tracks on the property, would CNJ Rail Corporation and the Liberty Rail Historical Society get a track each or something?
 #1606901  by Bracdude181

Whilst in the Piscataway train store the other day I saw a flyer asking for donations to finance repairs of a B&O railroad car. I have a picture but can’t show it here because Google Photos is giving me absolute hell, but I noticed an address for donations and a gofundme page.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/bo-3301-chri ... e=customer
 #1609769  by Bracdude181

Was in the area yesterday and noticed what appeared to be work going on with the Trenton Transit car on the property. The white shrink wrap was gone and appears to have been replaced by a dark red tarp. The track closest to the building has also been partially removed to allow access to some underground pipes…
 #1611619  by Bracdude181

Noticed some differences in how the place looked today. Practically any asphalt or paved surface at the north end of the building is gone but the hole where the pipes were visible has been filled in.

Two three axle trucks have been placed on the rails near the trolley car. The trolley car itself now has a wooden stool in front of it, and a Republic Services roll off dumpster behind it…