Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1604753  by BAR

I have a tight connection on an upcoming trip and would like to know in advance:

Are tickets on NJT useable in either direction? I have a ticket to High Bridge from NYP and would like to know if it is useable from High Bridge to NYP.

Does NJT still have printed timetables?

Thanks for any info.

BAR
Williamsburg, VA
 #1604761  by NY&LB

YES ticket's work in either direction or should I say that has been my experience,
and this is what it says on their website:
One-Way Tickets
One continuous trip between the stations on the ticket. One-way tickets are valid until used (no expiration) and are non-refundable.
YES NJT still prints TTs, latest ones are dated 7/28. High Bridge to NYP MAY requires a change at Newark depending on when you are travelling.
RVL TT located here https://content.njtransit.com/public/RV ... 072422.pdf
 #1604762  by MACTRAXX

BAR -
1-NJT One Way tickets are valid in either direction and are GOOD UNTIL USED - they do NOT expire.
Back when Round Trip Excursion (RTX) tickets were sold they were only valid in the direction that they read -
A step-up charge to the regular one way fare once applied when they were used in the opposite direction...
2-Printed timetables are available for all eight routes - NEC, NJ Coast, Raritan Valley, Morris & Essex,
Montclair/Boonton, Main Line/Bergen County, Pascack Valley and Atlantic City Lines.
They are all available at NY Penn Station, Newark, Hoboken and Trenton (examples)...MACTRAXX
 #1604763  by BAR

NY&LB and MACTRAXX,

Thank very much for the prompt replies and helpful info. It has been a while since I have travelled on NJT.
Regards.

BAR
Williamsburg, VA
 #1604784  by BAR

Paul,
Thanks. I consulted the NJT site and noted the time I hope to make my connection to the Raritan Line to High Bridge.
BAR
Williamsburg, VA