Railroad Forums 

• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1602336  by Bracdude181

Charlie, the schedule has changed.

The train will come down tomorrow morning, turn at Lakewood, and return early in the afternoon. No more Conrail so look for either a black and white engine or a red and white engine.

Expect them at Farmingdale between 8:30 and 10:30 AM through Farmingdale southbound tomorrow. They should go back through between 12:30 and 2:30 PM

Reports from here on out will be posted here ⬇️⬇️⬇️

delaware-and-raritan-river-railroad-gen ... 74281.html
 #1603064  by OportRailfan

There's a whole cut of cars right by the Newman Springs Rd grade crossing that's been parked there all weekend, just south in the clear of the activation point.
 #1603066  by NJTMonmouthCoastline

OportRailfan wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:13 am There's a whole cut of cars right by the Newman Springs Rd grade crossing that's been parked there all weekend, just south in the clear of the activation point.
They’ve been doing that. Not sure why they leave cars on the Southern but that’s how they do it
 #1603070  by Bracdude181

OportRailfan wrote:There's a whole cut of cars right by the Newman Springs Rd grade crossing that's been parked there all weekend, just south in the clear of the activation point.
SA31 is supposed to pick those up later. Larger trains get split up and parked on both sides of the road. Inbounds are left on the main between the Dr James Parker Blvd crossing and BANK interlocking.

An unusual method, but it’s only temporary and so far hasn’t presented any issues. I’d guess Farmingdale to Freehold will simplify things when that’s completed, whenever that happens.
 #1603103  by pdtrains

Kean...

Thanks for your remarks. Very well said and your sentiment very much appreciated. Best of luck with all your operations...

In the model train biz we just did some O gauge RS-1's in Black River, and I could do some GP-38's in C&D at some point, if ppl want them. It costs about 16K to do a special run, so im always a little hesitant to jump in without asking if there's any desire 1st..

We should all pitch in so u can paint an SW intro Raritan River, or a Geep into CNJ or PRR

beth marshall
the public delivery track
paso robes, ca (formerly Stewartsville, NJ, and Phila, PA)
 #1604534  by Bracdude181

Whilst on the way home from the Reading and Northern Iron Horse Ramble event today, my friends and I stopped at the Reading Railroad Historical Society and discovered something…interesting…

On the 1936 Reading Company map they had on display, the entire CNJ Southern Division and Barnegat Branch were labeled as “Shamokin Division”

I know the Reading at least partially owned the CNJ for a time, and that some Reading trains actually ran to Lakewood from Philadelphia, but was this line actually a division of the Reading Company? I will post the map once I can get Google Photos to stop taking some much time to load. 😖

Side note: RBMN and the historical society were great. Especially the historical society. Stop by if your ever in the area. All sorts of weird equipment on display!
 #1604628  by pumpers

Very cool map in any case. Due to all that anthracite coal in the Shamokin division, at one point in the late 1800s, the Reading RR was the richest (most profitable?) corporation in the US I believe.