Railroad Forums 

• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1600992  by Bracdude181

@CharlieL Here’s hoping that any upgrades are done ASAP. I know I’ve spoken about in length about how bad the Southern is. But good lord, the Southern is practically the Northeast Corridor compared to the Freehold Industrial from Mount Vernon Rd to Freehold!

As to where they are parking engines, not sure about where they are being parked on the FIT, but I’m hearing Cross Street on the Southern.
 #1600996  by Bracdude181

@jdh823 I know, but considering the Southern Secondary has longer/heavier trains than the FIT, Maybe bring an engine that can actually pull them without issues?

That and considering that 2005 has all the aforementioned issues, why send it so far away from where they do repairs? They have more reliable engines they could have sent down here and not have to worry about.
 #1601000  by RailsEast

No PTC on the 2005? Hmm, then I was lied to when she visited Port Delaware in 2020. I was told that she was in for final PTC installation. Dunno what else to tell you, maybe the evil shop elves had their way with her before she left...

http://njtwom.rrpicturearchives.net/sho ... id=5602326
 #1601002  by Bracdude181

Every engine that uses the ACSES PTC system has a large box shaped device on the bottom that communicates with the sensors in the middle of the track. On 2005 this device is nowhere to be found. 2006 has it in the same spot most other engines have it, on the front, directly behind the snowplow.

Also 2005 has not been leading any train on NJT lately at all. Every recent run has had 5304 leading, even nose to nose with 2005. Why isn’t 2005 leading if it has it? Moreover, why have I not found a single photo or video, nor have I personally witnessed, 2005 leading a train ANYWHERE in PTC territory?
 #1601032  by CR7876

Bracdude181 wrote:Every engine that uses the ACSES PTC system has a large box shaped device on the bottom that communicates with the sensors in the middle of the track. On 2005 this device is nowhere to be found. 2006 has it in the same spot most other engines have it, on the front, directly behind the snowplow.

Also 2005 has not been leading any train on NJT lately at all. Every recent run has had 5304 leading, even nose to nose with 2005. Why isn’t 2005 leading if it has it? Moreover, why have I not found a single photo or video, nor have I personally witnessed, 2005 leading a train ANYWHERE in PTC territory?
At some point in time the PTC was removed from '05. As far as I know '04 and '06 have PTC, unsure of '03 So C&D sent it to an operation that doesn't require PTC. Problem solved.
 #1601219  by GSC

I went by the OOS crossing on Adelphia Road in Farmingdale yesterday. Some heavy brush removal was going on. This was on the south/west side of the road. Not sure if had anything to do with the reactivation of the F&JA.