Railroad Forums 

• #14 Orange Line Cars 1400-1551 (From Red/Orange Procurement discussion)

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1590303  by Commuterrail1050

There hasn’t been any further issues with them that I’m aware of. Maybe only 3 runs is because they are upgrading the substations that houses the third rail electricity. Other than that, it’s better if someone that works for the railroad answers the question as they have better information than I do at least.
 #1591628  by MBTA3247

Having ridden a set of new cars for the first time today, I noticed that they have no audible warning that the doors are about to close - on account of the doors beeping constantly when they're open. That is really obnoxious to listen to, in addition to it probably being a safety hazard.
 #1597908  by jwhite07

Zero new Orange Line cars out right now. That is highly unusual - it is now common to have four or five sets in use all day long, every day. There were several sets in service earlier today (as was the one new Red Line train, which is also not running now). They all seemed to vanish around the same timeframe. Something up?
 #1597915  by TurningOfTheWheel

This is why: https://twitter.com/MBTA/status/1527359951563198482

"Earlier today, a new Orange Line train experienced a mechanical problem in one of the train’s multiple braking units. While we work to determine the exact cause of the failure, we are proactively removing all new Orange Line trains from service out of an abundance of caution."