Railroad Forums 

• Acela II (Alstom Avelia Liberty): Design, Production, Delivery, Acceptance

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1597801  by Gilbert B Norman

Ken W2KB wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:39 pm I receive email notices of the temporary flight restrictions more or less weekly for POTUS travel.
Well Mr. Brown, look what the clickbait "news" site, Boy Genius Revealed, now reports:

https://bgr.com/business/this-us-state- ... e-service/

Effective June 6, KILG will no longer have any commercial air service. Be sure to note within the article the "plug" for Amtrak.

Guess that means it is all for Joe's VC-32; sounds as if, as a pilot, you are in receipt of too many NOTAM's closing the field for such.

I actually DID fly ILG-DCA and return; probably for no reason other than to say "I did it". This was during 1966 when I was stationed at Dover AFB. If the Eastern DC-9 ever got above FL150. I'd be amazed.

Of course this "Buck Sergeant" could "not exactly expect" a closure for his convenience :P
 #1598060  by west point

photobug56 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 3:06 pm Isn't that the section that feels like a Long Island highway that's full of potholes? I guess it's a good section to test the pantograph and suspension.
The GG-1s & E-60s often gapped when running on that section. They would put out so much VHF RF interference that it would sound like a welder in the 118 - 180 MHz band.
 #1598241  by Matt Johnson

photobug56 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:00 pm Interiors do look nice, including the bathrooms. And coffee lovers should be happy (I'm not one). Anyone know why the cafe car does not tilt?
I'm sure it does. Where did it say otherwise? Railway Age seemed confused where they did claim the cafe is not articulated. Clearly it is.
Attachments:
cafe.jpg
cafe.jpg (325.33 KiB) Viewed 877 times
 #1598252  by Greg Moore

One thing I really am hopeful for is the use of the toaster (and looks like a convection oven).
The two times I've had stuff in an Amfleet cafe car use the existing convection oven has elevated the food from mediocre to great.