Railroad Forums 

• Septa Trolley Modernization - Alstom Fleet

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1596310  by ekt8750

Silverliner5 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:25 am For $770 Million how many LRVs can SEPTA get for that price?
I think they're shooting for 80 cars
 #1596344  by Silverliner5

ekt8750 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:51 am
Silverliner5 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:25 am For $770 Million how many LRVs can SEPTA get for that price?
I think they're shooting for 80 cars
I later calculated that it may be possible to get up to 100 or 120 cars for that price but it may depend on the company that is willing to build it for them
 #1597623  by foxclan

Silverliner5 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:57 pm Since Septa needs land for the new trollies I Suggest they use this part near the Eastwick train station to build a new barn for the new LRVs
SEPTA shouldn't be paving over a protected wildlife reserve
 #1598750  by R36 Combine Coach

Brookville would have the advantage of being built in-state, but the last large scale trolley car order was at the
TTC and plagued with major issues that hit BBD hard (the MBTA Type 9 was only a small order).
 #1598763  by PHLSpecial

R36 Combine Coach wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:05 am Brookville would have the advantage of being built in-state, but the last large scale trolley car order was at the
TTC and plagued with major issues that hit BBD hard (the MBTA Type 9 was only a small order).
I would think Septa would be going for Siemens but since this order won't be placed until 2028 when funding is allocated for it. Maybe bbd could redeem itself.
 #1598773  by Silverliner5

PHLSpecial wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:38 am
R36 Combine Coach wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:05 am Brookville would have the advantage of being built in-state, but the last large scale trolley car order was at the
I would think Septa would be going for Siemens but since this order won't be placed until 2028 when funding is allocated for it. Maybe bbd could redeem itself.
BBD is out of the rail business so therefore Septa is gonna go for siemens and get the S70 but in a video someone said they may get same ones Toronto uses which are made by Alstom now
 #1598774  by Silverliner5

PHLSpecial wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:38 am
I heard they're gonna award the contract next year to the company to build them