Railroad Forums 

• Rotem Cars Discussion (new bi-level cars)

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1548604  by Pensyfan19

sonicdoommario wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:04 am 841 has made its way to Delaware for repairs.
Where in Delaware might I ask? Wilmington, Bear or somewhere else?
 #1585325  by Commuterrail1050

The only updates that we have so far is that they are continuing to have 80 rotem coaches beginning to be delivered at some point next year through 2024. There is no specific time frame other than what I mentioned above. They also didn’t update if they are increasing the order to 83 coaches or just sticking with 80. Will keep you posted if an update gets posted.
 #1585541  by Commuterrail1050

They only go down there when the exterior of the cars are damaged. Also I wouldn’t be surprised if 1807 went next to get repaired as it got damaged during the last severe storms that knocked trees down. The whole bottom of the car is entirely bent. Saw a picture of it a while back after it hit a tree.
 #1595173  by mbrproductions

Gotta love how the knuckleheads in the comments are whining that they aren't EMUs, but what better could I have expected from tw*tter?
On a more related note, lets hope these things don't fall apart as soon as they get here, does anyone know when they are expected to be at Rochester, and what CSX train they'll most likely go from Baltimore to MA on? Also, I am assuming the entire order for 83 will be complete by the tie the full build of SCR is planned to be finished