Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

by F40

Excellent photos. I assume you kept the flash off the whole time? (Some look bright enough to not know if a flash was used)

by Frank

F40 wrote:Excellent photos. I assume you kept the flash off the whole time? (Some look bright enough to not know if a flash was used)
I actually brightened the photos by using the image editor on the Imagestation site. I didn't use flash at all.

by Robert Paniagua

Oh that's good, you don't wanna use flash at all.... But those are nice shots, I may do the same thing here in Boston, and maybe in NYCTA with my newly purchased digital camera.

by 4 Express

F40 wrote:Excellent photos. I assume you kept the flash off the whole time? (Some look bright enough to not know if a flash was used)
Flash photography in the NYC Subway is not allowed.

by Robert Paniagua

Same goes with any other transit system. Also, if you're videotaping, floodligths are also prohibited in NYCTA and anywhere else.

by ctaman34

Robert Paniagua wrote:Same goes with any other transit system. Also, if you're videotaping, floodligths are also prohibited in NYCTA and anywhere else.
It is allowed but you mean no tripods are allowed

by Robert Paniagua

Actually tripods are still prohibited as well. Reason: fire hazard.