Railroad Forums 

• Trains and operations in Browns Yard

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1593905  by CR7876

Bracdude181 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:51 pm @CR7876 Anything you can tell us about what they are doing because they said something about going back north after this is done?
They have to shove north to clear Ron to go South
 #1593906  by Bracdude181

@CR7876 Yeah but I’m wondering if they meant going back to Oak Island. They’ve done that before…

There’s close to 60 cars for Browns on this train and something like 100 or so for Port Reading. PRs inbounds will be left on West Siding but so far I can’t tell what they are gonna do with the Browns inbounds…
 #1598334  by Bracdude181

Begging on June 19th, 2022, Conrail will no longer be providing local freight service on the Freehold Industrial Track and the Southern Secondary. A new operation run by Chesapeake and Delaware will be taking over. The operation is known as the Delaware and Raritan River Railroad.

What does this mean for SA31? Is it going to be abolished?
 #1598370  by R&DB

What does this mean for SA31? Is it going to be abolished?
My guess is they will deliver/return to Red Bank and Jamesburg.
 #1598491  by Bracdude181

Does anyone know if Memorial Day is gonna affect the schedule for Browns? Starting next week I’d like to start going to Freehold a little more. Want to catch some of the final (and hopefully catch the last ever when the time comes) Conrail trains on that line.
 #1598493  by pdtrains

If i never see another CSX or NS engine on the FIT or SOUS, i wont complain. Will be interesting to see what C&D brings in for power...altho leasing NS or CSX units for the meantime wouldnt be unusual.

CR should be happy..SA-31 will make it back to Browns in 1 day. Maybe they'll start running to red bank twice a week....altho i doubt that.

These an BRW SW down on the MDDE that should be coming back soon, if its not back already. Anything serviceable sitting around ringoes these days?