Railroad Forums 

• All things Harrisburg (Keystone) Line

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1581979  by nomis

The cell tower to train WiFi connection is located in the Cafe cars and Cab cars.
 #1583327  by rcthompson04

Coatesville Station groundbreaking occurred Friday:

https://www.phillyvoice.com/coatesville ... rak-septa/

Standard rebuild for a Keystone Service station, but something interesting noted... Amtrak is installing a bypass track at the location too. Projected completion date of entire project (station, road realignments, track work, and parking facility is 2025).
 #1589978  by cle

Interesting to have a stronger Keystone brand across PA, although Harrisburg might be the real semantic reason.

Still, it'll be disel operated and so I don't think interworking would do. But if not operationally - commercially - it might be interesting to galvanize rail interest in PA. Reading too.
 #1589998  by scratchyX1

cle wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:41 am Interesting to have a stronger Keystone brand across PA, although Harrisburg might be the real semantic reason.

Still, it'll be disel operated and so I don't think interworking would do. But if not operationally - commercially - it might be interesting to galvanize rail interest in PA. Reading too.
Reading service, should be keystone, especially if it's operating into 30th/suburban station.
Not sure of Scranton, as most of it is in new jersey.
I'd call it the Blue Comet or phobe snow, even if the originals didn't use that route.
 #1590332  by Literalman

Oh, no! Dagger! Actually it's Onondaga: you left out an N. But still, not a melodic name for a train. Reading Rocket? Too retro, comparing a train to a rocket. Maybe just The Reading, as in Monopoly's "Take a Ride on the Reading"?