Railroad Forums 

• Intermodal to Saint John

• Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPR.CA. Includes Kansas City Southern.
Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPR.CA. Includes Kansas City Southern.

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#1586252  by CN9634

Another Canadian Tire container was on 142 yesterday. Haven’t seen any in about a year or so, I believe they were waiting on customs issues with mixed SKUs in the boxes. Perhaps the new customs facility makes life a bit easier now in that regard, although I’m sure plenty of Hapag and other boxes have mixed goods at this point. CT is supposedly an anchor tenant for the new Lancaster Logistics Park yet to be built
 #1586429  by NHV 669

40+ empty wells on 142 tonight through Greenville Jct. just after 5pm. Liverpool Express is Saint John Bound, and Google tells me this is a Hapag-Lloyd vessel.
 #1586447  by F74265A

Marinetraffic tracker shows hapag’s Liverpool express in the bay of fundy. Should dock tomorrow.

Are any outbound containers moving via cp through port SJ or is it all inbound? Dead heading empty wells eastbound all the time isn’t healthy business
 #1586555  by F74265A

I’m pretty sure the msc Celine is on the Caribbean svc lane that doesn’t generate traffic for cp unfortunately
 #1586602  by CN9634

Looks like CT started tendering boxes starting December, there has been about 1 a train so far this week. Remember, they have some containers that are just red without any logos, lettered CDAU. That probably coincides with the new customs facility opening also this month... hopefully we start seeing more of these and surely will once Lancaster Logistics Park is completed in 2022.
 #1586709  by NHV 669

50+ more empty wells east yesterday on 142, and it doesn't look like anything came back at all on 251, no containers on the rear. SC Marigot docked last night, perhaps some containers for Monday? This vessel appears to be affiliated with the CMA CGM "Island Bridge Express".
 #1586752  by F74265A

That ship arrived from Dominican Republic
We will see if it generates any traffic for cp
Meanwhile, up in Halifax there is a large container ship on dock from Singapore and a big one from malaysia approaching the harbor. So while SJ is starting to get some transatlantic boxes Halifax has direct Asia svc
 #1586795  by F74265A

Cosakita18 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:29 am "Island Bridge Express" seems to just be a rebranding of the CAGEMA service that's been calling in SJ for a few years now.
Agree. So far, I’m not aware of this svc generating any cp business. Cn9634 said a while back that it’s cn business