Railroad Forums 

• Dover & Delaware River RR

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1585466  by Ken W2KB

ClearlyDiverging wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:35 pm A locomotive. It is irrelevant what the power on the Toys for Tots train is going to be as it is not designed for, nor does it cater to the railfans. It's a way to provide toys for children of less fortunate means so they can have a decent holiday season. What pulls the train is literally of no concern or interest to the organizers of the event, provided the locomotive performs its intended function. Your opinion of said locomotive is even less relevant to them.
Prime organizers of the Toys for Tots train are railfans and to the extent that having a train attractive to those with hobby railroad interest does not detract in any way from the toy collection efforts, I suspect that railfan interests will be accommodated. To the extent that railfans are attracted, that increases the potential toy donor pool to those people not living in the immediate vicinity of the train's collection points.
 #1586239  by Bracdude181

How many toys did they collect on the Toys for Tots train? Chased them from Rockaway to Phillipsburg and saw lots of people donating. I donated as well.
 #1586254  by ClearlyDiverging

Ken W2KB wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:39 am
ClearlyDiverging wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:35 pm A locomotive. It is irrelevant what the power on the Toys for Tots train is going to be as it is not designed for, nor does it cater to the railfans. It's a way to provide toys for children of less fortunate means so they can have a decent holiday season. What pulls the train is literally of no concern or interest to the organizers of the event, provided the locomotive performs its intended function. Your opinion of said locomotive is even less relevant to them.
Prime organizers of the Toys for Tots train are railfans and to the extent that having a train attractive to those with hobby railroad interest does not detract in any way from the toy collection efforts, I suspect that railfan interests will be accommodated. To the extent that railfans are attracted, that increases the potential toy donor pool to those people not living in the immediate vicinity of the train's collection points.
Amazing. Every word in this post is absolutely and utterly dead wrong. But you do you, I suppose.
 #1586353  by Ken W2KB

ClearlyDiverging wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:02 am
Amazing. Every word in this post is absolutely and utterly dead wrong. But you do you, I suppose.
Hmmm. You may want to read this: https://pjthc.org/about Can't get more railfanish than this, railroad historical societies, preservation of historical railroad equipment, etc.
 #1586868  by ClearlyDiverging

Ken W2KB wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:53 pm
ClearlyDiverging wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:02 am
Hmmm. You may want to read this: https://pjthc.org/about Can't get more railfanish than this, railroad historical societies, preservation of historical railroad equipment, etc.
You're confusing two separate issues. YES, the history center is railfan centric, as it should be. But the power that runs the collection trains is irrelevant. The NYS&W ran what they had. There was ZERO room this year to be selective in what ran the train, even if people wanted to be picky.
 #1586884  by mandealco

Hi Joseph
Although this is a question for the Morristown and Erie forum, the answer is yes, they are still an on-line customer of the M&E.
Cheers
Steve
NZ
 #1586936  by mandealco

No worries Joseph, we're all railfans here and that's what matters.
Cheers
Steve
NZ
 #1592841  by Bracdude181

Hearing RP-1 in Totowa on the scanner. Sounds like they tried to get back onto NJTs line without a Form D and are being told to wait in Totowa as a result. Also something about being told to wait for a call back from Dispatch about something. Unsure exactly what’s going on. Anyone else in the area with a scanner that can fill me in?
 #1592843  by Bracdude181

Sounds like they got their Form D now but before they got it some other transmission was heard about a near miss with RP-1 or something? It was very garbled…