Railroad Forums 

• Klimaticket

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

#1586257  by Gilbert B Norman

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnn.co ... index.html

Looks like that Swedish kid has impacted Austria.

Starting this past October, for €1095 (US$1250) you can buy an annual pass good on any mode of public surface transportation within Austria.

In short, sell your Skoda.

Fair Use:
Fifteen years after it was first proposed, Austria's new Klimaticket, or climate ticket, goes live on October 26. Offering seamless travel across all modes of public transport it is intended to galvanize the Alpine nation's fight against climate change.
The annual pass, priced at $1,267 (€1,095), works out at just $24 (€21) per week or $3.50 a day. If all goes according to plan, it should encourage people to swap their cars for more climate-friendly forms of gettingaround
Greta, maybe Austria is where you will make your run for public office.

Oh and finally, Skoda? that's a Czech built "lower end" auto, now owned by VW and sold only in Europe.
 #1586295  by David Benton

Thanks , Mr Norman.
1k seems reasonable . Anymore , and you would do the sums as to wether its worth it . For regular long distance commuters , its a bargain.
I doubt Greta would run for office , anywhere , for 10 years at least .most high profile activists would find they could achieve much more out of office.

finally, if you see blue and red flashing lights in your mirror in NZ , its probably going to be a Skoda.
https://www.driven.co.nz/news/how-skoda ... ce-fleets/
Traditionally , NZ police have been staunch Holden (Australian GM) buyers.
 #1586299  by ExCon90

Switzerland has had one for decades; a Swiss I used to know back around the 70's-80's bought one every year and didn't own a car. I think there was also some arrangement to accommodate family members accompanying the holder -- I'd think there would have to be. But I don't think the US will ever have a domestic public-transportation network that would make it practical.