Railroad Forums 

• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1586624  by Bracdude181

Will probably be an SA91 Saturday or an SA93 Sunday.

Edit: Whenever they have to do the whole line with an extra crew they typically show up early in the day.
 #1586645  by Tanker1497

Not sure what's up with this but front end loader scraped the tracks at freeway trucking. I think someone is marking there territory They are one that encroached on ROW. They have moved one trailer but one remains. that trailer fill a gap in the fence from any vehicles entering. Image
 #1586656  by GSC

Many years ago, a friend and I were poking around this area, and straight ahead in the picture above, in a "tunnel of trees" was a Conrail Geep, parked and shut down. It was parked just short of Railroad Ave and where the diamond used to be. A good hiding spot, we didn't see it until we were right on it. Only saw it there once, maybe it was just a temporary parking spot. Maybe used to switch out Gold's Lumber? Another "wish I brought a camera" moment. (Easily 30 years ago, as I was still living in my old house. Been in the new one 27 years)
 #1586660  by JohnFromJersey

Tanker1497 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:21 am Not sure what's up with this but front end loader scraped the tracks at freeway trucking. I think someone is marking there territory They are one that encroached on ROW. They have moved one trailer but one remains. that trailer fill a gap in the fence from any vehicles entering. Image
Seems like encroachers are being told to beat it by the end of the year so they can start sooner rather than later with the reconnection work
 #1586667  by Bracdude181

Perhaps, but if this was about the encroachment then they’d be clearing where people have their junk on the tracks and where anyone’s property lines are on/near the tracks. Maybe I’ll look into this when SA93 runs...
 #1586699  by R&DB

GSC wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:00 pm Many years ago, a friend and I were poking around this area, and straight ahead in the picture above, in a "tunnel of trees" was a Conrail Geep, parked and shut down. It was parked just short of Railroad Ave and where the diamond used to be. A good hiding spot, we didn't see it until we were right on it. Only saw it there once, maybe it was just a temporary parking spot. Maybe used to switch out Gold's Lumber? Another "wish I brought a camera" moment. (Easily 30 years ago, as I was still living in my old house. Been in the new one 27 years)
Gary, That was a regular tie-down spot for many years in the 80s-90s. Saw CR blue there many times as I passed by on Southard Ave.