Railroad Forums 

• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1582480  by R&DB

GSC wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:12 pm No one mentioned that an empty centerbeam is parked in Brick Recycling, along with the two tank cars. Was it left as an idler, or just parked there for convenience? It looks like it's in the way. Not exactly sure if that siding can take the weight of two loaded tanks plus one or two locomotives.
Here's my guess. The Csao requires a buffer car between locos and hazardous cars. The centerbeam may have been leftt there for that purpose. Remember that Bel-ray can't access the 2nd tank, so Csao may be contemplating switching the 2 tanks. Since there is a second track at Brick, this could be easily done. They may want to do it on the way down so Bel-ray can get their product sooner.
 #1582487  by Bracdude181

Didn’t know it got demolished! Then who’s been transloading the Ethanol out of there? Bel Ray was still doing it with their trucks as of two months ago...
 #1582489  by Bracdude181

Actually now that I think about it the only other person in the area who would deal with ethanol is All Chemical Transport in Lakewood...
 #1582495  by Bracdude181

Just heard Lined and Locked normal on the radio frequency for the North Jersey Coast Line line. I’m assuming this is PR-08 or another Port Reading symbol calling in at WOOD interlocking, but I’m not sure...

Will continue to listen in.
 #1582498  by R&DB

exdirtbiker wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:17 pm Hey guys... BelRay has moved production to Texas, the building behind Brick Recycling has been leveled... who's getting the
tank cars ???
There is sttill 1 building between Brick and the Belray driveway.
#1582489 by Bracdude181
Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:33 pm
Actually now that I think about it the only other person in the area who would deal with ethanol is All Chemical Transport in Lakewood...
Why would they drop it here? Plenty of sidings in the Lakewood area.
 #1582502  by Bracdude181

@R&DB All the sidings between Cross Street and County Line Road with the exception of the siding at Second Street and the Woodhaven siding are gone. Plus, the siding at Second Street is in horrible condition. I personally wouldn’t use it if I had the choice! Not without major upgrades.
 #1582503  by Bracdude181

An update on an earlier post I made regarding the Lined and Locked normal call in.

Turns out that indeed was a Port Reading local on the Coast Line.
 #1582506  by R&DB

Bracdude181 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:58 pm @R&DB All the sidings between Cross Street and County Line Road with the exception of the siding at Second Street and the Woodhaven siding are gone. Plus, the siding at Second Street is in horrible condition. I personally wouldn’t use it if I had the choice! Not without major upgrades.
Not Second St siding, but the Lakewood run-around. Or better wold be Clayton Concrete's sidind o the South side of the tracks opposite Woodhaven.
 #1582508  by Bracdude181

Claytons track is not connected to the main anymore, and Clayton no longer owns the brick place in Lakewood. They sold it to Cambridge Pavingstones.
 #1582510  by R&DB

Bracdude181 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:14 pm Claytons track is not connected to the main anymore, and Clayton no longer owns the brick place in Lakewood. They sold it to Cambridge Pavingstones.
I did't zoom in far enough on sat view. My mistake.
 #1582514  by Bracdude181

@R&DB That’s okay. Now that Cambridge owns it though I’m hoping they use it. Maybe for inbound or outbound brick loads. Would be nice.
 #1582547  by R&DB

Bracdude181 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:19 pm @R&DB That’s okay. Now that Cambridge owns it though I’m hoping they use it. Maybe for inbound or outbound brick loads. Would be nice.
Probably not. They never used rail from their main facility in Lyndhurst even though is was less than a block away. If they do put the rail back in to the Lakewood site it will probably be for incoming material only. I donn't think they sell enough bulk to ship by rail.