Railroad Forums 

• Granger, Wyoming

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#1581074  by Gilbert B Norman

From there-

You can get to it on paved highway. I can afford to hang around for about a half hour.

There are zero UP staff on the ground at this major (OSL and Overland con/di/verge) junction.

We shall see if something shows up.
 #1581178  by Gilbert B Norman

From Holiday Inn Express Moab UT--

Nope; hung around for a half hour. "Back in my day" 68-69 stationed Hill AFB, they ran on "headway".

Also today, heading East on US6 along the D&RGW...nothing!!

Did Warren steal all of Uncle Pete's business?

disclaimer: author Long UNP
 #1581265  by NotYou

Gilbert B Norman wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:22 pm From Holiday Inn Express Moab UT--

Nope; hung around for a half hour. "Back in my day" 68-69 stationed Hill AFB, they ran on "headway".

Who or what is Uncle Pete?
 #1581279  by eolesen

Gilbert B Norman wrote:From Holiday Inn Express Moab UT--

The former DRGW is still largely single track on the Green River sub (which I believe is what parallels US-6?), so perhaps UP are 'fleeting' out there, which is where they run directional for several hours at a time.

When the Sunset Route was still largely single track, I'd see 10+ trains all running either east or west in a two hour window and then nothing for six-eight hours. It eliminates meets and allowed maintaining track speed for much of the way between Yuma and Maricopa.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

#1581280  by Gilbert B Norman

From Holiday Inn Express Lexington NE--

Mr. You, Uncle Pete =: Union Pacific Corp.

If you want to see some REAL cryptic, try some Amtrak traveler/advocacy sites away from here. There they have codes fpr all the Amtrak named trains such as LSL for Lake Shore Limited - none of which is official Amtrakese. In my.postings here, I will use ML - Minutes Late, which IS official Amtrakese.

Now to topic; Warren (Warren E. Buffet, CEO, Berkshire Hathaway Corp; 100% owner of the BNSF Railway, LLC) sure had the business between Denver and Fort Morgan, for I observed four good sized trains (Containers, Coal, 2 manifest) in the space of an hour. I-76 is easy from which to observe the action.