Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#1575176  by F74265A

Will the new Montreal operation be Able to service larger, deep draft vessels? I thought that was a problem long term with Montreal. Presumably the Montreal labor troubles won’t be cured by new Montreal facility either
 #1575397  by F74265A

Is Msc increasing SJ service? Today there is a MSc container vessel departing SJ for Italy and a few days ago one arrived from Montreal.
Is this maybe maersk transatlantic service calling SJ under their alliance with MSc?
 #1580764  by Cosakita18

Keeping an eye on MarineTraffic and VesselFinder, it seems that Saint John hasn't seen any transatlantic arrivals for several weeks now (From either Hapag or Maersk) and it looks like Maersk's Canada-Atlantic Express service has returned to calling in Halifax and Montreal.
 #1581382  by F74265A

Barcelona express with hapag traffic inbound from Spain to Saint John is approaching the bay of fundy this evening
 #1581397  by F74265A

Well it is now the end of September and track work season in northern ME likely only has a few weeks left. Does anyone know what work cp has performed in me over the summer and whether speeds were increased to the planned 40?
 #1581429  by NHV 669

It's been 40 west of Tarratine (MP 51.4) with some curve/crossing exceptions since last December. Assuming this year's work has been to get towards 40 east of there.
 #1581430  by fromway

With all the talk about how many loads of old ties that have been replaced on various Web sites, I would think that NBSR has done alot of work on their side. CP has also done a lot of work with tie and rail replacement. They got it all cleaned up for the Inspection and various CP visistors.