Railroad Forums 

• Possible first image - new LIRR DMs

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1580755  by PlaneLoverA380

Was sent this from a friend, apparently taken from the Siemens plant in California. Is this the start of testing for LIRR’s new dual mode locomotives? Image
 #1580765  by NHV 669

Amateur hour photoshop job
Attachments:
(134.13 KiB) Downloaded 5653 times
Last edited by NHV 669 on Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #1580777  by Pensyfan19

Are you absolutely sure this is an official photo from the Siemens plant? The image does look photoshopped. My own photoshopped works of this engine look better than this one... :wink:
 #1580781  by 452 Card

Yet another ugly POS. After the last debacle that was totally run by MofE Engineering without any input from engine service until the design was created and begun, it will also be a scab to endure until it deteriorates. Still can't run backwards, and the ridiculous "hostlers stand" made over the road reverse moves obsolete. Thanks to engineers that don't have any knowledge, and DON'T WANT any input from those that know better. Glad I'm gone.
 #1580798  by Head-end View

I'm not even a railroad employee and even I can see why a road-switcher configuration would be more practical. The bean-counters and computer-bound designers probably said this design is less expensive and it doesn't need to run backwards anyway because it's a push-pull train. And of course what they don't realize is that sometimes odd situations happen (like a cab-car failure) where you might need to run it backwards. Again ya' don't have to actually be a locomotive engineer to figure that out.
 #1580821  by Pensyfan19

ConstanceR46 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:46 am if you thought this image was real for more than a second i have a bridge to sell you
The image obviously appears to be photoshopped, but the true question is whether if that horribly photoshopped image is official concept art from Siemens. It would be generally easy for a locomotive manufacturer to sketch a proposed livery on an existing photo of their own model. I'm stating this since PlaneLover stated this was taken "at the Siemens Plant", so there's still the possibility that it could be concept art for what these chargers are supposed to look like. If not, then it's a photoshop job which is second in greatness to my own two.
 #1580831  by freightguy

On a more serious note is it still a possible plan to piggyback off the Amtrak order for new locomotives for both LIRR and Metro North?

A contractor from Bombardier was out on Metro North property to size up the new craze, battery charged MU's for both the Danbury and Waterbury lines.
 #1580832  by gregorygrice

freightguy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:44 am On a more serious note is it still a possible plan to piggyback off the Amtrak order for new locomotives for both LIRR and Metro North?

Amtrak Empire Service, MNR and LIRR are ordering together.
 #1580844  by NHV 669

Pensyfan19 wrote: The true question is whether if that horribly photoshopped image is official concept art from Siemens
No, just no. Not a chance in the world a billion dollar company would present a horribly shopped image from a passing train as "concept art".
Pensyfan19 wrote: If not, then it's a photoshop job which is second in greatness to my own two.
The two MS paint hackjobs that look like an eight year old did them?
Last edited by NHV 669 on Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #1580847  by MattW

With the yellow and "unfinished" nose, I wonder if that's a photoshop of one of the VIA units without their decorative nose.