Railroad Forums 

• 3D Model of SEPTA Silverliner 4 or 5

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#1577294  by Silverliner5

Hey can someone help me make a 3d model of a SEPTA Silverliner 4 or 5 in a 3D Model format like this train model here on my Gdrive I'm trying to add the septa silverliners to a new game called Densha De D Shining stage and I don't have experience at making trains in a game so I'm wondering if anyone could help me make a Silverliner 4 or 5 in that Format like the Mizuma 1000 series. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tzPUhv ... sp=sharing
 #1578177  by Silverliner5

Here are Photos of the vehicle here and is anyone willing to help me put it all together?
Attachments:
2021-08-12 22-38-45.png
2021-08-12 22-38-45.png (896.67 KiB) Viewed 2378 times
2021-08-12 22-37-51.png
2021-08-12 22-37-51.png (755.32 KiB) Viewed 2378 times
2021-08-12 22-37-33.png
2021-08-12 22-37-33.png (709.02 KiB) Viewed 2378 times
 #1578312  by Silverliner5

I forgot to add these photos as well for this but I'm wondering if it's possible if someone could redesign the mizuma into a silverliner 4 and lastly what do you guys think of the mizuma 1000 series?
Attachments:
2021-08-12 22-38-07.png
2021-08-12 22-38-07.png (1.03 MiB) Viewed 2296 times
2021-08-12 22-37-58.png
2021-08-12 22-37-58.png (850.87 KiB) Viewed 2296 times
2021-08-12 22-37-41.png
2021-08-12 22-37-41.png (1008.52 KiB) Viewed 2296 times
 #1578358  by Silverliner5

BuddCar711 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:34 am Are you trying to model a Silverliner IV or V? Because it looks like you're trying to model an Almond Joy.
No I never model this train before, it was a train that was already in the game last year and i took these screenshots from the game.
 #1578361  by NaugyRR

You may have better luck in the Simulator sub-forum here. Also make sure to note which simulator you're using. Speaking from experience, the Trainz, MSTS, and DTG sims all have content creators that do commission work, but you usually need to reach out to the community associated with each sim. I don't recognize the simulator you posted screenshots from, but reaching out to the specific online community for it would be a good start.
 #1578364  by Silverliner5

NaugyRR wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:15 am You may have better luck in the Simulator sub-forum here. Also make sure to note which simulator you're using. Speaking from experience, the Trainz, MSTS, and DTG sims all have content creators that do commission work, but you usually need to reach out to the community associated with each sim. I don't recognize the simulator you posted screenshots from, but reaching out to the specific online community for it would be a good start.
the simulator it's from Densha De D Shining stage
 #1578370  by NaugyRR

Doing a quick Google search I found a Discord and Reddit community, I would start with them and ask around to see if anyone has modded the program.

If you were open to a different sim, you might want to try Trainz. I used to be a content creator way back when, and it is a very easy program to 'mod'. There's a massive community that creates both freeware and payware content, including several groups that do commission work.

Even further back, in my Microsoft Train Simulator days, I do remember some freeware Silverliners were made for that sim. Check out the Train-Sim website's freeware downloads, they should be there. MSTS still has a very large community for such an old sim.
 #1578437  by Silverliner5

NaugyRR wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:34 pm Doing a quick Google search I found a Discord and Reddit community, I would start with them and ask around to see if anyone has modded the program.

If you were open to a different sim, you might want to try Trainz. I used to be a content creator way back when, and it is a very easy program to 'mod'. There's a massive community that creates both freeware and payware content, including several groups that do commission work.

Even further back, in my Microsoft Train Simulator days, I do remember some freeware Silverliners were made for that sim. Check out the Train-Sim website's freeware downloads, they should be there. MSTS still has a very large community for such an old sim.
I'm in both english and japanese server and none of them know how to make vehicles but i have a friend who can put it in the game but he needs a model of a silverliner so he can be able to put it in the game with the rest of things but there was modding with the game but not with making a vehicle but some know how to add colors but not make a whole train.
 #1578447  by eolesen

NaugyRR wrote:
I moderate over at Trainsim.com and yes, we are alive and well. While almost nobody uses MSTS anymore aside from a few holdouts, the community sourced OpenRails.org platform has 100% compatability with MSTS routes, equipment and content. It's a huge upgrade from MSTS's 2001 platform.

And yes, there's also a freeware Silverliner, but that can't be manipulated for use in another sim.

There is a ORTS model exporter for Blender if you want to create a newer model.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

#1578449  by Silverliner5

eolesen wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:33 pm
NaugyRR wrote:
I moderate over at Trainsim.com and yes, we are alive and well. While almost nobody uses MSTS anymore aside from a few holdouts, the community sourced OpenRails.org platform has 100% compatability with MSTS routes, equipment and content. It's a huge upgrade from MSTS's 2001 platform.

And yes, there's also a freeware Silverliner, but that can't be manipulated for use in another sim.

There is a ORTS model exporter for Blender if you want to create a newer model.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Can I get a link to the silverliner freeware and also i heard that the train i sent all the way above was made in unity the 2019 version and how will the model turn out if it goes through blender?
 #1578453  by eolesen

What's in the file library is a compiled model in the game's required runtime format. It is not something that you can open in Blender or another modeling tool to modify.

You'd need to create a member ID and search the file library for "Silverliner" if you're interested in this for running in OpenRails. It's not going to work in your Densha game.

If you want to build a model in Blender, that's probably your best option for something that goes into the more mainstream game platforms like ORTS, Railworks, or Trainz.