Railroad Forums 

• The King (Prince Andrew) is Dead; what will become of NY area projects?

• This forum will be for issues that don't belong specifically to one NYC area transit agency, but several. For instance, intra-MTA proposals or MTA-wide issues, which may involve both Metro-North Railroad (MNRR) and the Long Island Railroad (LIRR). Other intra-agency examples: through running such as the now discontinued MNRR-NJT Meadowlands special. Topics which only concern one operating agency should remain in their respective forums.
This forum will be for issues that don't belong specifically to one NYC area transit agency, but several. For instance, intra-MTA proposals or MTA-wide issues, which may involve both Metro-North Railroad (MNRR) and the Long Island Railroad (LIRR). Other intra-agency examples: through running such as the now discontinued MNRR-NJT Meadowlands special. Topics which only concern one operating agency should remain in their respective forums.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1577900  by Pensyfan19

How do you think the NYC Subway System, MTA and other NY rail agencies will be operated under newly-appointed Governor Hochul? Will we see service and project improvements or delays? The floor is open for discussion.
 #1577922  by eolesen

Cuomo won't be missed. Good riddance.

Port Authority stafffers supposedly want to scrap the LGA AirTrain and start over with one of the other design proposals. Gov. Gropey is the one who pushed Willets Point over other options.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

#1577929  by Pensyfan19

I'm sitting here waiting for the Wading River branch restoration and the return of streetcars to NYC.
 #1578045  by eolesen

scratchyX1 wrote:
photobug56 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:49 pm The extension from wading river.

And ESA. With Cuomo gone, probably take another 25 years! And a year later they'll abandon it.
Transit expert (and long time hater of people like robert mosses and cuomo )Alon Levy chimes in.

https://pedestrianobservations.com/2021 ... d-the-mta/
Being a blogger doesn't make you an expert....

#1578093  by Pensyfan19

Almost unsurprisingly, there are now pushes to rename the Mario M Cuomo Bridge (named after Andrew Cuomo's Father) back to the Tappan Zee. Tell them to reconsider commuter rail service over it first. They could connect the Spring Valley Line to Suffern by going through the Middle of 287 and then merging with the Spring Valley when it crosses over the highway.
 #1578108  by eolesen

Don't punish the father for the sins of the sons.

#1578147  by photobug56

Pensyfan19 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:12 pm Almost unsurprisingly, there are now pushes to rename the Mario M Cuomo Bridge (named after Andrew Cuomo's Father) back to the Tappan Zee. Tell them to reconsider commuter rail service over it first. They could connect the Spring Valley Line to Suffern by going through the Middle of 287 and then merging with the Spring Valley when it crosses over the highway.
Cuomo's attitudes towards mass transit and commuter rail baffle me. No tracks on the new Tizzie. But he 2nd rail project to Ronkonkoma, the 3rd track to Hicksville, etc. were badly needed. Only common thing - glory for the king!
 #1578181  by Jeff Smith

An interesting article. What will become of transit projects? Not just the PA AirTrain, but Gateway, etc.

https://www.curbed.com/2021/08/cuomo-re ... cture.html