Railroad Forums 

• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1577494  by R&DB

GSC wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:28 pm At least the detour around the Squankum Road crossing would just be a quick left-right around it. According to the map, the location is called Larrabee. I've seen it referred to as "Larrabee's Crossing" in old writings.
Larrabee's was at one time a flag stop for the CNJ. I believe there was even a shed type shelter. There is still a Station Place between Squankum Rd and Waverly Place.
 #1577495  by GSC

Any news today on SA31? Finally, a Thursday without rain and no one has anything for me to do, might do a little chasin'.
 #1577497  by Bracdude181

@GSC It should come down as usual today. I’m in Port Reading, so once I’m done here I’ll go see what SA31 is up to.

I’m glad to be chasing without the threat of a tornado and rain so heavy that it reduces visibility!
 #1577498  by Bracdude181

Just a heads up that PR-19 will not be bringing the train back tomorrow as their normal conductor is on vacation.
Expect an SA38 tonight or something else to bring it back tomorrow.
 #1577511  by R&DB

About 40 minutes earlier than normal. Is this because of the short train today?
 #1577523  by Bracdude181

As of 5 PM SA31 hasn’t made it back yet. Nothing on the scanner about them on both the Coast Line and North Jersey Conrail channels.