Railroad Forums 

Discussion of Canadian Passenger Rail Services such as AMT (Montreal), Go Transit (Toronto), VIA Rail, and other Canadian Railways and Transit

Moderator: Ken V

#1577245  by NS VIA FAN

Years late and a couple hundred million over budget.....the City of Toronto says the revitalization of Union Station is now essentially complete.

This is the last phase that just opened...the GO Bay Concourse. The GO York Concourse and VIA Concourse have been open for several years. But looking at this video.....still lots of hording up where food courts and concession will be located (probably post pandemic) Plus it looks like there's still printing and trim to be completed. And now another major project is about to begin: New widened platforms and a South Concourse they're saying will take another 8 > 10 years to complete!

#1588600  by videobruce

That is the most confusing station I've ever seen. The guy was walking around in circles. Especially just to cross over one track.
 #1588652  by ExCon90

I wondered whether I was the only one baffled by that; I'd hate to be there for the first time with a tight connection from GO Transit to VIA. It wasn't even clear to me how to get from the subway or the street to a particular train.