Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1573318  by GirlOnTheTrain

This is old news, but I found out about it fairly recently and I'm slowly working my way through the backlog of episodes. It's not all rail-related but it's worth a listen so far...
The Connecticut Department of Transportation (CTDOT) has launched its first episode of “Along the Lines”, a new podcast about public transportation in Connecticut. The podcast series will explore a wide range of topics from the role transit plays in our communities to the past, present and future of Connecticut’s public transportation system.

Rich Andreski, CTDOT’s Bureau Chief of the Bureau of Public Transportation, will host the podcasts. Guests will include transportation advocates, local policymakers, members of the community and customers of public transportation.
The full press release with links to the podcast on various aggregators can be found at https://portal.ct.gov/DOT/News-from-the ... ION-SYSTEM

For the lazy here are the direct links to the podcast on the three major players:
Apple
Google
Spotify
 #1573363  by daybeers

It's pretty good! Been listening to it since it started. It's more meant for the general public so sometimes they spend more time explaining concepts like TOD than people who frequent this site may need, but it's still interesting.