Railroad Forums 

• Cape Flyer

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1572539  by GP40MC1118

I guess there were issues with the vendor for the first class coach. It was taken off the consist yesterday or today.
 #1572655  by diburning

Downeaster's cafe vendor is NexDine. Blonde On The Run Catering has been operating the Cape Flyer cafe since the train began operating 8 years ago, although I don't know if anything has changed for this year.

The Cape Flyer website oddly has removed all mentions of the food services on board.
 #1572689  by chrisf

diburning wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:30 pm The Cape Flyer website oddly has removed all mentions of the food services on board.
The Schedule, Fares & Route page still mentions "seat-side food and beverage service" so presumably any interruption in the offerings are temporary.
 #1572946  by Rockingham Racer

I know what "profiteroles" are, because I am a French major. But "Chicken quesedilla cornucopia" has me puzzled.
 #1572997  by NRGeep

Rockingham Racer wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:21 am I know what "profiteroles" are, because I am a French major. But "Chicken quesedilla cornucopia" has me puzzled.
Good chance it’s gluten free.
 #1573670  by diburning

diburning wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:30 pm Downeaster's cafe vendor is NexDine. Blonde On The Run Catering has been operating the Cape Flyer cafe since the train began operating 8 years ago, although I don't know if anything has changed for this year.

The Cape Flyer website oddly has removed all mentions of the food services on board.
It appears I was mistaken. I happened to come across some old photos I took in the cafe car. The Cape Flyer's initial cafe contract was with a company called Centerplate (owned by Sodexo as of 2017). Blonde on the Run came later.
 #1573784  by shadyjay

A friend of mine rode the Cape Flyer last weekend and rode "first class". He said it was really nice, but the problem was coming back north... the train set wasn't turned so first class passengers had to ride backwards. Also, he said no one checked tickets in first class.

I may ride the train later this season from Middleboro to the Cape as part of a day-long bike trip on Cape Cod rail-trails.
 #1598233  by codasd

Was any track work done off-season and is it still 25 mph on the cape?