Railroad Forums 

• CSX office car special on Pan Am rails

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1573076  by jaymac

Rockingham Racer wrote:According to another thread on here, the train will spend some days in Worcester for meetings between unknown entities.
Oh, for the fabled fly on the wall!
 #1573100  by Rockingham Racer

johnpbarlow wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:29 am Wouldn't the CSX OCS look a whole lot better if it was pulled by a pair of FP9s painted in this B&O heritage livery? The consist would look something like this... :wink:
https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/fileSendA ... /bo87a.jpg
And here I thought that was the REAL reason CSX want PAR. :wink:
 #1573147  by p42thedowneaster

johnpbarlow wrote:Wouldn't the CSX OCS look a whole lot better if it was pulled by a pair of FP9s painted in this B&O heritage livery? The consist would look something like this... :wink:
https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/fileSendA ... /bo87a.jpg
Those FP9s would look awesome in B&O...just make sure they send the F40PHs up to N. Conway.
 #1573187  by newpylong

J.D. Lang wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:54 pm I wonder if VRS was invited to the party? They seem to be the fly in the ointment.
Absolutely not as they are not a party to the application and as such are treated at arm's length like anyone else.
 #1573193  by wally

i’m guessing the statement was a bit tongue-in-cheek as a play on the prevoius “to be a fly on the wall” comment.
Last edited by MEC407 on Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
 #1573203  by taracer

It's a UPS meeting, which could be good news.

The Q013/Q014 ran again last Monday, (not yesterday the week before) that was a regular once a week train before PSR, now reduced to just a few weeks during "peak season" around Christmas. The Q012, which ran everyday, was also abolished due to PSR, that train had no westbound counterpart, so it wasn't "balanced".

They maybe trying to get some of this business back.
 #1573238  by roberttosh

I wonder if the UPS meeting had anything to do with potential sites on Pan Am? There's the big facility in Chelmsford that isn't far from Iron Horse Park and who knows what business there is in Maine?
 #1573309  by coopercat1

When I worked for UPS (back in the 90's), Chelmsford was the hub that sorted all traffic except for air packages coming into and out of New England, so I don't think there would be traffic out of Maine.
 #1573596  by roberttosh

Red Wing wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:22 pm Good luck getting from Iron Horse Park to Brick Kiln Road (where UPS is). You're mainly on residential roads.
High St to Pollard St to Rt 129 to Brick Kiln Rd is a pretty straight shot and all those roads already see plenty of truck traffic so I don't see that being an issue.
 #1573625  by Red Wing

Strait forward with tons of traffic also Iron Horse is a backup move off the mainiline unless you reactivate the B&B and that doesn't have much of a tail track. If you want to do it your better option would be to do something in Lowell directly on the Connector and off at 129 your only on rt 3 for the exit/entrance ramp.