Railroad Forums 

• Current Roster including Leasers

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1572680  by grobtech

gregorygrice wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:00 am
Trainman14 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:51 am Anything new on the motive power? I haven’t seen or heard about the 300 or the 301 in a while.
No changes.
What happened with the joint LIRR / NYAR work locomotive procurement? I thought money for new locomotives for NYAR came from NYS DOT grant money and not the LIRR capital program?
 #1572685  by Pensyfan19

300 just returned to revenue service a few days ago after being out for about a year. I think 301 is OOS until further notice. NYAR might have canceled their order for PR20Bs since both of these engines were out for a while due to mechanical issues.
 #1572892  by lwrmtk271

nyandw wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:03 am Might folks chime in on this roster with updates/corrections? http://www.trainsarefun.com/NYA/NYArost ... chemes.htm Thank you.
155 returned from Altoona some months ago and is back in service. 151 is nowhere to be seen (possibly sent out for rebuild?).

I don't know if this worth mentioning in the roster as well, but 268 isn't in the exact paint scheme as 270 and 271. Unlike 270 and 271, it has no NYAR lettering on the long hood, the front of the cab is painted green, and it's frame is painted green with white dashed frame striping. http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=5223300
 #1584554  by DaveBarraza

There's another thread about fly ash going to Blissville Yard track 4.

Sills Rd (Brookhaven Rail Terminal) is ever changing, but they are a good steady interchange. Bentonite cars were going there for a while but have tapered off (?). Sills Rd is also taking a lot of cement recently, and tons of Flour and Lumber.
 #1584581  by Pensyfan19

I have been informed that all traffic going to Port Jeff, Southold and Eastport is being delivered to Brookhaven Rail Terminal instead of the respective towns (all of which used t be served by NYAR). As a Port Jefferson branch railfan, this is a major disappointment as I am hoping to see NYAR return to Riverhead Lumber in Port Jeff again (although I have heard of some rumors of test runs to PJ earlier this year). I can see Southold and Eastport being too far for NYAR crew, but why not go to Port Jeff again? It's not too far past DUKE interlocking in Northport and they saw service up until 2006. There shouldn't be a need for truck transfers at Yaphank for freight going to rail-accessible industries.