Railroad Forums 

• What to see along the DL&W in Lancaster

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1571502  by SST

A month ago while riding my bike along transit road in Lancaster I rode up the entrance into a warehouse district where the steam locomotive has been stored since I became interested is RRs. Randomly I stop and check on it. Looks great as compared to my first discovery 20 years ago or so. I also noticed that the multiple trackage that lined this plant have been ripped up and tossed in a pile. That was sad. Here are some pics:

Today I took a short bike ride on the bike path and headed towards the engine house of the Depew Lancaster and Western. I haven't been there since last year and was surprised to see locomotive #1800 parked there. Looks like it either got a bath or new paint. Looks new. The other two cars have been there awhile. Here is a pano pic:

A caboose that I've never seen here before:
Last edited by SST on Mon May 17, 2021 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #1571856  by Fireman43

Never cease to be amazed when looking at overheads the remnants of ROW’ s and how all these lines - this time in this area were all interconnected in some way by switching from one to the other .
Always interesting to follow the ‘brush lines’ of long gone tracks