Railroad Forums 

• RR historical marker seen on tv series

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#1571339  by SST

Long ago when Baywatch first aired I noticed a small display of a RR track. This was somewhat before my interest in RR's so I didn't give it a whole lot of thought. Baywatch is now back on the air everyday and I began to see these tracks again with more interest. I also noticed a historic plaque attached to a large stone block in front of the rails. Does anybody in the LAX region know what this is for? Is it an actual historical marker or just a prop. Here is a picture I snapped off of the TV:

The channel that Baywatch is currently on is Hero's and Icons.
 #1571937  by SST

I was just watching Baywatch this afternoon and Pamela Anderson walks just beyond the marker. The marker comes into full sight. Trying to capture the image with my phone proved futile but I got enough info off of it to plug into Google.

I found it. In short it is a historical marker for the longest wharf in the world for Southern Pacific in 1893. I would love to see what the time stamp is on those rails.

Here's the historical website with a clearer picture.
https://www.hmdb.org/m.asp?m=50984
 #1571968  by SST

One last picture from today's broadcast of Baywatch. About 3 seasons after the picture above. Mitch on the right and a bikini contestant on the left. Keep your eyes on the rails.