Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#1569472  by Pensyfan19

I think that's part of an interactive map which MTA/Trans Magazine announced a few months ago. But I think the one which was mentioned in the news showed where each train was.
 #1569505  by GirlOnTheTrain

It's *supposed* to show you real time locations of trains but when I say it's buggy AF - that's an understatement. Normally when you zoom in on a line there's a darker little rectangle to signify a train. Right now it's not showing a damn thing :P

The most frustrating thing that they need to fix is that it's not bidirectional. Yes, there is a train at 79th street, but which direction is it going? That prevents me from having a practical use for it while working when the countdown clock flips to delay and a passenger wants to know where the next train is. Instead of leaving the dispatchers or tower operators alone and finding out myself that the next downtown train is at 116th Street, I gotta pick up the phone and call.