Railroad Forums 

• Acela II (Alstom Avelia Liberty): Design, Production, Delivery, Acceptance

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1568746  by David Benton

Jeff Smith wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:04 pm Deep Purple Highway Star!
Mate ! Grew up listening to that , coudn't understand why the girls didn't like it .
Even got a line that may reflect amtrak's maintenance policy ,
"I'm gonna race it to the ground"
Before Mr Norman dons his earmuffs , there is a bit of high culture involved.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Concer ... _Orchestra
 #1568773  by Jeff Smith

David Benton wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:05 pm
Mate ! Grew up listening to that , coudn't understand why the girls didn't like it .
OT exception: Big Blackmore fan, both DP and Rainbow. Saw both in concert with the classic lineup. I would play this for my daughters when taking them to grade school lol they'd be in the back doing the head shake!

Back OT: although I understand the reasoning for the pitch, it really is a disconcerting noise.
 #1568800  by scratchyX1

Jeff Smith wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:47 am
David Benton wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:05 pm
OT exception: Big Blackmore fan, both DP and Rainbow. Saw both in concert with the classic lineup. I would play this for my daughters when taking them to grade school lol they'd be in the back doing the head shake!

Back OT: although I understand the reasoning for the pitch, it really is a disconcerting noise.
OT exception: I was thinking more of a distorted tritone, with flatted 5th. Something discordant, and thus noticeable.
 #1568910  by scratchyX1

Greg Moore wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:22 pm So what I'm thinking is it should go like this...
a fourth a fifth, a minor fall and then a major lift?
Hmm, John Cale (who did one of the best versions of that tune) has some work that would make a horn sound that would alert even Hellen Keller.. Now.
Pretty much anything off "white light , white heat".
 #1570101  by Acela150

Fan Railer wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:21 pm Trainset 1 scheduled to be picked up from TTCI and transported back to Hornell in the coming week or so. Extra power was sent west from Chicago on today's Southwest Chief, 3 (26). If you are out that way, this is your one chance to shoot the new Acela where it will likely never go again.
As of 730am MT on 4/29 the trainset was beginning to start towards Upstate NY.