• Ashton Valve Company

• General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment
General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment

Moderator: John_Perkowski

by Rick A

I recently icked up an old Ashton gage ,unused and in it's original packaging.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by Rick A

I recently picked up a quadruplex RR gage.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by Rick A

In 1897 the Moran Bros. received a discounted price list of their products. Here are the prices they received.
  by Rick A

Part 2
  by Rick A

part 3
  by Rick A

One of the company's "mottos"
  by Rick A

In 1903 there was a bill before congress to shorten the work day for laborers on government work to 8 hours. Here was the Ashton Valve response.

Some background on this bill.
https://www.dol.gov/general/aboutdol/history/coalstrike
  by Rick A

part 2
  by Rick A

last pages
  by Rick A

A gauge calibrating device article from the 1909 Railway and Locomotive Engineering journal.
  by Rick A

1877, the company first incorporated in Hartford CT. I recently was able to obtain a copy of the letter from the Hartford Daily Courant which is attached below along with a photo of one of the first stock certificates.
  by Rick A

A vacuum gage article from the 1912 Compressed Air journal.