Railroad Forums 

• Boston Surface Railroad: Worcester-Providence Commuter Rail

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1567066  by MaineCoonCat

From the "Huh? Don't ask me" department.

Motion to Dismiss Case. PDF attached. Clicking image does NOT open file. Use link at bottom to download.

(142.18 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
(156.33 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
(115.33 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
 #1567088  by BandA

From the BSRR motion download/file.php?id=23338
The Debtor has not been idle however. During the pendency of this case, the Debtor has
(1) received approval from the Federal Railroad Administration to begin testing the Debtor’s proprietary Positive Train control system
an update would be interesting
(3) it has had legislation introduced by both houses of the Rhode Island General Assembly which will greatly ease its efforts [with] obtaining a mid-way stop location
bill numbers, and to quote Schoolhouse Rock "today I am still just a bill"
(4) it has had a multi-billion dollar transportation management company express interest post plan investment.
Who is the white knight, Keolis? Virgin Trains? Alternative Concepts? Cloverleaf Industries?

The Valley Breeze article from December https://www.valleybreeze.com/2020-12-09 ... ot-january said their dispute with RIDOT was settled, and they would vacate Woonsocket Station by 1/31/2021. That was supposed to be the main reason for the bankruptcy filing, if that thorn has been removed...

They also said they ran four dinner trains in 2018, and that dinner train service is worth $800K revenue. "Bono said he hopes to run dinner trains again in the future, but they will not stop in Woonsocket." $200K revenue per dinner train, is that realistic? And would that be profitable I guess even if you are leasing equipment, crew and track.
(2) it has tentatively scheduled resumption of its revenue producing excursion trains for early summer;
This might 'splain the new website and the countdown clock.

This would be an ideal time to buy rolling stock from Iowa Pacific. Commuter trains with dome cars would be sweet. Also the CSX buyout of PAR with side-deal with G&W companies might make PAR/CSX/P&W/B&E temporarily more "friendly" while they are seeking approvals.
 #1567096  by NHV 669

Test PTC on what? Their locomotive that hasn't moved an inch, and needs work to operate?

$200k a train profit? The only number I could crunch there would be 450 people at $450 a ticket, and even that is just gross revenue without subtracting operating costs. No way they were carrying 450 people on all four trips, or charging that amount for a ticket.
 #1567100  by Feynman

There was the Press release that said they were working with Seimens. I would guess that would be the deep pocket partner they are referring to. I still can't wrap my head around the crux of the agurment. We are too broke to pay to for bankruptcy so please dismiss this until we have more money.
 #1567251  by BandA

Does Siemens Mobility include a transportation management company?

BSRR filed with STB when G&W bought P&W. Presumably they worked things out. If so then the issues would be CSX in New Hampshire if they ever get to "phase 2". Is BSRR even planning that far out?
 #1567316  by MaineCoonCat

Not sure if this qualifies as a transportation management company..

https://www.mobility.siemens.com/global/en/portfolio/rail/services/operation-services.html
 #1568541  by MaineCoonCat

This is the image of the BSRC website's "countdown timer" that I posted on 25 March 2021.

This is that countdown timer as of today (12 April 2021)..
What's wrong with this picture?

Last edited by MaineCoonCat on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #1568543  by MEC407

Is the BS Railroad capable of doing anything right?
 #1568940  by MaineCoonCat

For grins, I calculated the "date and time" target of their "countdown" from today.. Sometime around 0300 EDT (0700 Z) Monday, 2 August 2021.