Railroad Forums 

• Boston Surface Railroad: Worcester-Providence Commuter Rail

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1563985  by MaineCoonCat

January 2021 Operating Report. PDF attached. Clicking image does NOT open file. Use link at bottom to download.

(917 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
 #1563986  by MaineCoonCat

Notice Of Telephonic Hearing. PDF attached. Clicking image does NOT open file. Use link at bottom to download.

Attachments:
(18.26 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
 #1563989  by MaineCoonCat

Looks like #2027 and the bus(es) either have 0 value or are gone...

#1564954  by MaineCoonCat

So NOW WHAT?!?!

Withdrawal of motion to convert or dismiss. PDF attached. Clicking image does NOT open file. Use link at bottom to download.

#1564956  by BandA

I guess they paid-off the arrears to the bankruptcy trustee. That implies they don't want to liquidate right now, and that they want to stay in chapter 11. I hope they have revamped their bookkeeping or legal staff to stay on top of this stuff.

1) They could sell off their intellectual property :wink: .
2) Could continue storing boxes for Blackstone Valley tourism, coordinating tickets for the Polar Express? and extend it to the Berkshire & Eastern.
3) Implement Providence & Worcester service. How's their relationship with RIDOT?
4) Implement Manchester-Lowell shuttle faster than the MBTA can get an extension off the planning board. This assumes US-3 returns to overcrowded conditions and that Nashua wants a cheaper solution. CSX may be in a friendly mood at the moment.
5) Take over freight on the Rockport Maine branch when the CP contract expires, restart excursion service, borrow equipment from IP or M&E.
6) Offer to operate the proposed New London-Worcester service.
 #1564962  by MEC407

We've now been discussing the BS Railroad for seven years and so far the only things they've been successful at is keeping the courts busy and keeping us busy talking about them.
 #1564967  by NRGeep

BandA wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:16 am I guess they paid-off the arrears to the bankruptcy trustee. That implies they don't want to liquidate right now, and that they want to stay in chapter 11. I hope they have revamped their bookkeeping or legal staff to stay on top of this stuff.

1) They could sell off their intellectual property :wink: .
2) Could continue storing boxes for Blackstone Valley tourism, coordinating tickets for the Polar Express? and extend it to the Berkshire & Eastern.
3) Implement Providence & Worcester service. How's their relationship with RIDOT?
4) Implement Manchester-Lowell shuttle faster than the MBTA can get an extension off the planning board. This assumes US-3 returns to overcrowded conditions and that Nashua wants a cheaper solution. CSX may be in a friendly mood at the moment.
5) Take over freight on the Rockport Maine branch when the CP contract expires, restart excursion service, borrow equipment from IP or M&E.
6) Offer to operate the proposed New London-Worcester service.
7) Run an on board circus train on the Mountain Division with dancing bears, multiple Bozo the clowns and roller skating clad food and drink servers. :wink:
 #1564987  by MaineCoonCat

Just as a guess, I presume the hearing scheduled for 7 April is still on, then..
See: https://railroad.net/boston-surface-railroad-worcester-providence-commuter-rail-t160242-660.html#p1559326
I don't see the "Second Amended Plan" and "Disclosure Statement" as required by 1 March in the document search though.. Methinks that may be an issue but then again..
 #1565504  by Ridgefielder

MEC407 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:10 am We've now been discussing the BS Railroad for seven years and so far the only things they've been successful at is keeping the courts busy and keeping us busy talking about them.
They successfully bought one derelict 60-year-old locomotive, too.
 #1566868  by MaineCoonCat

BSRC's website seems to be back up, saying "coming soon", inviting sign up for updates and displaying this countdown timer:

Sorry no link as something seems to be causing problems with the url BBcode. I've reported it.