Railroad Forums 

• Official Black River Railroad Historic Trust Thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1530002  by liftedjeep

rhallock wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:50 pm What are the prospects for riding a train all the way to Lambertville this coming season? Or perhaps on a track car if it isn't realy for train service?
Slim to none! The line to Lambertville has not been completely cleared of brush and/or rehabbed. I believe Sandy Ridge Mt Airy Rd is as far as the rehabilitation has gotten.
When I rode the train back in October, I was told that 2021 is the target year for service resumption into Lambertville.

Ben
 #1530084  by Ken W2KB

liftedjeep wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:00 pm
rhallock wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:50 pm What are the prospects for riding a train all the way to Lambertville this coming season? Or perhaps on a track car if it isn't realy for train service?
Slim to none! The line to Lambertville has not been completely cleared of brush and/or rehabbed. I believe Sandy Ridge Mt Airy Rd is as far as the rehabilitation has gotten.
When I rode the train back in October, I was told that 2021 is the target year for service resumption into Lambertville.

Ben
Correct, though meeting that 2021-2022 soft target is largely dependent upon receipt of donations to acquire necessary ties and other materials. https://fundrazr.com/c15nIe?ref=ab_b5RZ ... 7PTecSKgSY
 #1534639  by liftedjeep

tdipaul wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:06 pm I would love to volunteer my time and equipment clearing brush when the time comes. How do I present myself to the people that organize this?

Paul in Hillsborough
Paul,

This link should provide the info you are looking for:

https://www.blackriverrailroad.com/volunteer

Ben
 #1564599  by brwfan

I went through Lambertville today, and the main street crossing is ripped out and paved over by the inn. Crossing signals are also gone. Will they replace all that or be a different stop when they get to town?
 #1564839  by Ken W2KB

brwfan wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:17 pm I went through Lambertville today, and the main street crossing is ripped out and paved over by the inn. Crossing signals are also gone. Will they replace all that or be a different stop when they get to town?
That is State road work and the State will replace the rails in crossing and install signals upon the railroad's request so that service can begin when the line to Ringoes repairs are nearing completion.
 #1565546  by Bracdude181

There’s been rumors going around that Chesapeake and Delaware (Black River and Western’s affiliate company) intends to take over operations on Conrail owned and/or operated lines in Central NJ. At the very least it seems they may be looking to take over the Southern Secondary and Freehold Industrial Track, but word is they might take over Browns yard and other connecting lines as well.

Would anyone know anything about this? Is it true or not?