Railroad Forums 

• Travel Apprehensions, Anyone?

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1564095  by eolesen

We shouldn't need 75% of the country vaccinated given how many people have had COVID (known or unknown, tested or not). The daily infection rates are plummeting not because of the vaccine but because it's burning out naturally.

I had COVID last February before we even knew what it was. My wife and daughter have had it. There's absolutely no need for us to vaccinate when we have natural antibodies.

Does that make us anti-Vaxxers or people who follow science?...
 #1564131  by eolesen

That's also not an answer.

28M people have tested positive, and I'd guess that there are another 30-50M cases that went untested, possibly more. That's close to 25% of the country that shouldn't need to be vaccinated.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

#1564253  by WashingtonPark

Alphaboi wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:54 pm Honestly mask
wearing had been the least annoying aspect of this pandemic.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
In your opinion. As I suffer from bad allergies, in my opinion, it's been the worst.
 #1569086  by TimInce

Well, I haven't stopped traveling, but I keep to the states I know are safer now. For example, I was with some friends in Tulsa for a week, and it was over the top. We all remained happy and satisfied. However, everything went well, just because we informed in advance about this locality here. I mean, we read from the start about restaurants, transportation, what we might visit, where we might stay, about how much money we might need, about the weather and so on. It was very useful. In the summer, we will go again somewhere where it is safe now on the pandemic.
Last edited by TimInce on Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #1569132  by Arborwayfan

Isn't the idea that the immunity from having had Covid-19 only lasts a few months, and that's why people who had it should also get vaccinated?
 #1569139  by NH2060

Wasn’t gonna chime in but why not...

•The “vaccines” are not vaccines. They’re BS gene therapy shots that are still in trial phase until 2023. Take them at your own risk.

•The survival rate is 99.5%+ for those who contract COVID-19. If you’re at higher risk for serious illness or death it’s on YOU to protect yourself and let others know if they come to your house. And don’t take the train if you’re afraid of getting sick. The rest of us need to live our lives.

•Masks DO. NOT. WORK. They make no sense on a train that is cycling air in and out more frequently. And if anything make things worse. Why are cases and infections declining in states that have lifted their mandates and states that have the toughest restrictions are still seeing high levels of cases and infections? They’re magnets for germs and bacteria since they are being mandated to be worn for hours at a time. And people like myself lose their breath quickly when wearing one. Which is why I will not be riding Amtrak until they ditch their pointless and illegal (HIPPA and the ADA laws make it so) mask policy.

This red pilling moment brought to you by not being a sheep.

NEXT.
 #1569150  by eolesen

Arborwayfan wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:51 pm Isn't the idea that the immunity from having had Covid-19 only lasts a few months, and that's why people who had it should also get vaccinated?
Interestingly, the CDC isn't saying much (if anything) about natural immunity of late.

100+ years of virology and immunology science says when your body successfully fights off a viral infections, your immune system tends remembers for your entire lifetime how to combat a new infection of the same or similar virus, regardless of whether or not the anti-bodies continue to appear in your bloodstream.

If the current vaccines are able to handle the variations people are discovering, then chances seem quite high that natural immunity will also be able to knock them out.

Personally, having had it, I don't see a need for vaccination. My doctor has told me that my body would already know how to attack the vaccine, which seems a bit pointless.
 #1569158  by Gilbert B Norman

The New York Times reports that Tulsa County OK is "High Risk", which means it is safe to dine and meet friends outdoors, but nonessential travel should be avoided.

Nonessential? well that's a "what do you want it to mean, Dear Leader"?