Railroad Forums 

• CMSL Cape May New Jersey Seashore Lines Passenger Operations

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1559042  by Bracdude181

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pressofatl ... c.amp.html

Since we are looking at news articles, here’s one that might be interesting.

According to this, Beesleys Point residents want the old BL England Power Plant to be redeveloped into some sort of vacation hotspot or something along those lines.

Should they decide to do that, do y’all think it could potentially justify a Tuckahoe to Beesleys Point excursion train?
 #1559100  by Bracdude181

Actually, now that I think about it...

Maybe turn the old BL England site into a nice beach/picnic grove with a small train station for Seashore Lines within walking distance? Run the train with one of their RDC cars and just ferry people to and from Tuckahoe. Or use some of the other cars they have for special events. Kinda like what they do at Black River and Western.
 #1564842  by nomis

There will be Easter Bunny Express trains in March and April, and there are 2 new cars on the train: Braddock Inn and NYC 38.

When did they get to South Jersey?
 #1565456  by Return to Reading Company Olney Sta

nomis wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:38 pm There will be Easter Bunny Express trains in March and April, and there are 2 new cars on the train: Braddock Inn and NYC 38.

When did they get to South Jersey?
Their movement on the regular CSAO job several weeks ago was being followed, I recall seeing somewhere. Though it was posted on this board but can’t find it here, perhaps on Facebook then? If I find it again will give the specifics.
 #1571475  by nomis

I don’t think it would be rogue since nearly the identical information is on the seashore lines website here: https://www.seashorelines.org/Passenge ... railbiking
 #1571488  by Ken W2KB

nomis wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:56 am I don’t think it would be rogue since nearly the identical information is on the seashore lines website here: https://www.seashorelines.org/Passenge ... railbiking
The operation is presumably pursuant to a contract between the railbike entity and NJSL. Whether NJDOT is aware, would object, or require additional insurance or other conditions is speculative as well.
 #1576444  by liftedjeep

Dcell wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:13 pm Tourism is doing well in Cape May and at the nearby beaches, so I'm surprised that there are no regularly scheduled passenger excursions this summer.
Been almost 10 years since a train rolled into Cape May. Track vandalism, a lack of upkeep and any kind of maintenance along the line, plus anyone's guess as to whether or not the Canal swing bridge is even in operating order, keeps trains from reaching the Cape.

I strongly believe those days are long gone.

Ben
 #1576451  by liftedjeep

Dcell wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:52 pm Thanks, Ben. What about the excursions that used to run outside of Cape May? I don't see anything scheduled on the railroads website.
Cape May Seashore Lines' website is hit or miss. They may have more info on their Facebook page.

It appears that CMSL's next planned excursion will take place during the Tuckahoe Transportation Heritage Festival on Saturday, September 25th. See attached flyer:

Ben