Railroad Forums 

• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1561555  by Tanker1497

I went by Cross St. at 9:45 am and saw 5 railroad trucks parked and several SUV POV's and all were walking the run around and main. Not sure who they were?
 #1561562  by GSC

Been a few weeks since my last SA31 fix. Might wander down to Asbury Road.
 #1561566  by Bracdude181

Unfortunately they don’t get down that far that early anymore. For some reason the train has been stopping the next to the golf course in Eatontown for half an hour or more lately. Odd since there’s no sign of a problem...

I’m at Asbury Rd now and can see the glow from the trains headlights in the distance. Train should be here in 10-20 minutes.
 #1561567  by NJTMonmouthCoastline

Tanker1497 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:59 pm I went by Cross St. at 9:45 am and saw 5 railroad trucks parked and several SUV POV's and all were walking the run around and main. Not sure who they were?
Should be Conrail workers. They were supposed to get a crane
 #1561571  by Bracdude181

It looks like the re railed cars got pulled up closer to the switch at the south end before the train got here. The crew is inspecting them.

Edit: Looks like they are connecting to the re railed cars...
 #1561577  by Bracdude181

They took the cars to Woodhaven. Boxcar was still damaged. Centerbeam looked just fine. Guess they will look into the boxcar after Woodhaven unloads it.

That’s all for me tonight. I’ll have some pictures and videos uploaded tomorrow.